I'm Still Standing After All This Time

Vale's P.O.V.

"I'm going to miss you, darling."

"I'm going to miss you too... And this place." I mumble while relaxing in his arms. "It feels like home now."

Obi-Wan and are at the beach on the Spira island we've lived on for years now. I'm going on a mission in a week without Kenobi or Skywalker. It should only be two week's trip but it's the first once since we've arrived in Spira.

My back is laying against Obi-Wan's chest with his arms wrapped around me. We're both in our bathing suits and Anakin's in this hut reading his chapters for the day. My fingers skim Obi-Wan's hands on my stomach.

Watching the sun setting, I smile, enjoying the feeling of Obi-Wan holding me close. I lean the back of my head into the crook of his and let out a breath. I feel him kiss the side of my head then before mumbling into my ear.

"Not to me, V..."

I frown at his words before turning my head to look up at him. He's expression's relaxed as he meets my gaze. Moving in his grasp more, I bring up my hand to brush through his long hair I love so much.

"Spira doesn't feel like home to you?" I question curiously, while leaning my head on his shoulder and twisting a strand of his hair on my finger. He offers me an amused smile before kissing my nose teasingly, saying. "Not in the slightest."

"How come?"

"Because I have you... You're more of a home than this place."

I let out a grin at his cute words while looking into his sea-blue eyes. His smile brightens as if he knew his answer would make me giddy. Bitting my bottom lip, I bring my lips closer to his and whisper.

"I change my mind. Spira doesn't feel like home. You do."

"You're a long way from home... Little Lady."

My mind drops the memory I'm thinking when hearing a familiar rusty voice beside me. I'm leaning on the bar counter, as if I don't have a care in the world. My eyes don't bother acknowledging my favorite blue Duros bounty hunter; I only casually take a sip of my cocktail and mumble.

"Oh, baby... You know I'm anything but little."

I keep looking at the game on the screen as if I keep up with the sport known as Z-Slam. Feeling the bounty hunter lean closely beside me on the bar, I let a small smirk cross my lips. Finishing my drink, I nod to the bartender, silently telling him to give me another.

I'm in the system known as Bakura, trying tracking the man who just so happens to be standing beside me. Me and my squadron followed a certain bounty hunter here after putting a locator chip on his ship. I'm in a local bar knowing he'd get word I'm here and come looking for me.

This Bounty has a sense of pride in his work and doesn't take it lightly when he's being tracked. Which is exactly how I knew he'd meet me here without an invitation. No bounty hunter in the galaxy likes word to get around that Valera Palpatine is on his trail; it's bad for employment.

"What brings you here? I know you Naboolians like the finer things." The bounty hunter whispers just as I feel the end of a blaster skim my side. "Oh... Don't tell me you missed me?"

"Most guys would consider it an honor to have me miss them."

I tease, before finally turning to look at him. Cad Dune tilts his head at me with his gaze meeting mine. Smirking with sarcasm amusement, Cad moves his toothpick to the other side of his mouth.