Chapter 21

The voting is over, Ymir's Jaw Titan form will be Porco's Titan form with the hair being changed to her color.

_________________________________________

Flashback

The scene opens up with a young Historia reading a book until a woman with long black hair walks up to her.

Woman: (sits next to Historia and pats her head) You're amazing, Historia. Look at how well you can read already.

Historia: (smiles) That's because you taught me how to read, big sis Frieda!

Frieda: You know, Historia it isn't ladylike to be sitting in the dirt cause you'll get your dress dirty.

Historia: Big sis, what does ladylike mean?

Frieda: Well, it means something like... (flips through the book and then points at a young girl on one of the pages) being a young lady, like this girl. You like her too, right?

Historia: Yeah, she's pretty. But what makes her ladylike?

Frieda: Because she's a kind girl who's always thinking of others. You should grow up to be like her because this world is full of pain and suffering. That's why you should be someone everyone can love, who depends on others, and on whom others can depend on.

Historia: Okay, then when I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Frieda then tearfully hugs Historia, but it gets cut short as Frieda makes her forget who she is and walks away.

Flashback Ends

The scene changes back to the present with Historia waking up from her nap, confused after what she saw. She then tells Eren about her dream and how she can't remember it, to which Eren agrees with her and says that it happens to him as well.

Eren: Hey Historia, there's something that I wanted to ask you? Now that you don't have to hide your real self anymore, what is it that you want to do with your life?

Historia: I don't know, for the first time in my life I can make my own decisions instead of having someone else do it for me.

Eren: Well, whatever it is you decide to do, we'll be here for you, Historia.

Historia: (blushes and then smiles) You know, Eren, I've always envied you. No matter how hard it gets, you always know what to do. As for me, I've never known what it was like to have a family that loves me as they all wished that I was never born. It's why I created my Christa persona and made her be this symbol for everyone to look up to, while the real me is just this empty shell that doesn't care about what other people think of me. So, are you disappointed that this is the real me?

Eren: No, I'm not disappointed at all. In fact, if I'm being honest, but I didn't really like the old you. It felt like you always had a forced expression on your face and it was unnaturally creepy. However, I prefer the real you since you are honest and not afraid to say the truth about something. This is why I like the real you better than the old one.