Chapter 35

After the opening, the scene opens to show Eren in the Paths as he is face-to-face in front of Ymir Fritz.

Eren: Ymir Fritz?! That means that you are the original predecessor of the Founding Titan as well as the creator of the other ten Titans. But why do you want to talk to me? Frieda Reiss is still alive and possesses more control over the Founding Titan than I do.

Ymir: Oh, I have communicated with my descendants for over a thousand years until Karl Fritz used his power to forbade himself and his successors from ever using the Founding Titan in battle ever again. Because of what he did, I could no longer talk to my descendants or to have them use my power as the Founding Titan. I was then banished into the Paths with the only purpose of creating the looks of the Titans and healing Titan Shifters, which takes me years to complete.

Eren: You're responsible for that?! This is a lot to take in, but how are we able to talk to each other right now?

Ymir: (starts smiling sinisterly) You can thank your father for that. After your father ate a small portion of Frieda's Founding Titan, he unknowingly gave me the freedom that I needed to start talking to you, Eren. You see, the Attack Titan's sole purpose is pursuing freedom as it can never be controlled by those who wish to tame it. This allowed me to gain more control over my powers as well as being able to take back my freedom, and now there's only one more thing left for me to do.

However, before Eren could say anything, multiple chains come out of the sand and start wrapping around his entire body until they bind him in place.

Eren: What is this?! What the hell are you doing?!

Ymir: Long have I waited to reclaim my freedom so that I can get my revenge on humanity for still making me their slave! My whole fucking life, I've been used by humans, whether they are from Paradis Island or from Marley! Once I had gotten the power of the Founding Titan, I thought that my life would be different, but nothing changed! I was once again a slave, with the added bonus of being a weapon for my captors!

Eren: What about your brother? Siegfried is still alive and I'm sure that he would do everything in his power to save you!

Ymir: My brother tried to save me, but it was too late as I was far from being saved, and thus it ended in my death. Do you know what happens to a Titan Shifter when they die after being eaten by a Mindless Titan? Their souls get split into two pieces as one part passes on either into heaven or hell, while the other part becomes one with their successor and is able to communicate with them in their psyche. I, on the other hand, was sent here in the Paths and thus once again bound into slavery for all eternity as my soul is forever trapped here and can never pass on! Now, with your help, I can take back my freedom and get my revenge on humanity!

Eren: I'll never help you, Ymir! Siegfried will stop you before you can even use your Titan power!

Ymir: (starts smiling sinisterly) You don't have any choice, Eren. Your consciousness will remain here in the Paths while I take over your body to gain my freedom. Also, don't worry about my brother, as he is the key to my plans. So, just sit back and enjoy the show. (Raises her hands as she walks up to Eren)

Eren: No! (Starts trying to break free from the chains, but it doesn't work) Stay back! You won't get away with this!

Ymir then places her hands on both sides of Eren's head, causing him to be engulfed in yellow electricity. At the same time, Eren starts seeing images of the Walls being destroyed, with thousands of Colossal Titans shown destroying everything in their path, while a dark shadow of a three-headed dragon flies over them. It was then that the scene changed back to show Eren in his prison cell, hunched over the sink, as Hange walked over to him.