Chapter 2

Before I begin I just wanted to clarify! These chapters will be held back in the past, up until we reach present time.

I hope you enjoy it♥️
^^^^^^

The sound of the dead leaves crunched beneath my feet as I strolled along the park. The Autumn weather was finally showing, with a soft chill in the air. I huddled up in my light jacket until I spotted a wooden park bench, perfectly placed under the sun's rays.

I rushed to take a seat, letting the sun provide me some warmth. With my eyes closed in content, I took in the nature surrounding me. From the chirping of the birds that had yet to migrate, to the joyful children playing about. I opened my eyes with a sigh and a smile.

There he was, the final piece to all my delight on this day. The boy with dimples. Standing by the still lake with a mysterious grin. I wondered what was on his mind that he was so focused on?

Without realizing, I was watching him closely, intrigued by his features even when I could only see the side of his face. That's when he turned around, prompting me to do the same.

I cleared my throat and picked my hand up, pretending to examine my nails. I remember staying that way for quite a while, being extra careful not to get caught. But when I did look back, he was no longer around. I scanned the area around me, but to my luck he had disappeared. I dropped my hand with a sigh of disappointment.

I never imagined that I would bump into him the next day on my way to university.

After carefully placing my laptop on the library table I leaned back down to grab my notebook among the stack I dropped on the floor. What I had missed was a certain someone appearing out of nowhere and into one of the aisles.

I only noticed when I straightened up and saw the same cute pom-pom I had seen recently. My brows raised in shock when his face became visible. The handsome boy with the dimples.

The boy's eyes met mine as I glanced away hoping I wasn't caught yet again. I pretended to be busy on the laptop ahead of me although it was completely off. But curiosity got the best of me causing me to look up once again. My heart skipped a beat in surprise when he smiled my way. I was totally caught.

Seconds later, he gradually made his way to my side. I peeked out of the corner of my eyes when he chose to sit next to me. I gulped, getting ready to strike uo a conversation but sadly I couldn't bring myself to utter a word.

While feeling wary of the person who was now beside me, I glanced over at him a couple of times, trying my best to get a good look at his face. If only he wasn't right next to me.

"What's your name?" He finally tilts his head my way

I froze a bit when his eyes met mine. I glanced around to make sure I was the only person sitting there beforehand I swiftly turned around to face him, "Me?"

"Yeah you." He chuckled

"It's Leo." I spoke quietly

"Short for..?" He raised a brow while the corner of his lips curved up

"Uh Liana." I awkwardly chuckled

A small smile crept on his lips, "I'm San." He held out his hand

I shook his hand stiffly.

"I saw you at the park yesterday, it was you right?" He asked

"Well, I was at the park yesterday so probably." I looked away

"Oh, I guess you didn't see me then."

"I wasn't really paying attention." My eyes darted away as I lied

He chuckled in response, "Well it's nice to meet you then. I'm quite new here, what about you?"

"I've been living here my whole life."

"I see." He nodded

Just like that, I went back to working on the laptop in front of me, as well as he. But understandably it was hard to focus. I mentally cursed myself for speaking in such an awkward manner. Way to get him disinterested in the first five minutes.

My eyes widened when I noticed the time. My class had already started. I was too distracted to remember it.

I shot up and hastily picked up my books slightly scaring San along. I had no time to explain to him so I practically bolted out of the library. It was only when I heard our unmatched steps that I realized he was chasing after me. What is he doing? If I wasn't so late I would've stopped to ask.

I finally reached the class and stopped in front of the door to catch my breath. San halted next to me and placed his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while breathing heavily

"This is my class." He replied while panting for air

Suddenly a deep voice behind us had cleared his throat, startling us in the process. My eyes widened when I realized it was the professor. He gestured for us to walk ahead. I didn't waste a second to comply.

I rushed to an open seat while San took the one next to me. Our dear professor walked in seconds after us then proceeded to set his items on the desk.

"I apologize for being late, and good morning, I've posted an online assignment, please make sure to have it completed by tomorrow. You'll be using it for class." The professor announced

"Assignments right off the bat huh." San whispered to me

"Better get used to it." I sighed

Another moment of silence passed before San broke it again.

"What's your phone number?" He asked directly

"Excuse me?" I repeated with eyes slightly widened

"Yeah, since we're friends now, we can work on this assignment together. That way we can finish it quickly."

I stared at him for a second not convinced with his reasoning. We're friends, he says, just after speaking to each other for five minutes.

I ended up taking my phone out anyway, "Here it is."

With a small secret glance towards him, I placed it out for him to take. He saved his contact down before handing it back with a small grin decorating his face.

***

I went home feeling a bit nervous that day. I wasn't sure exactly why but I knew it had something to do with San.

That night I peeped at the phone lying beside me quite often, very much expecting a message from him. But as it got late I shut my laptop and put my phone on the nightstand to ready myself for bed.

It was then when I heard a ding echoing in my room. I practically jumped at the phone, checking the message.

Unknown
-Hey Leo

-Who is this?

-it's San from class

San
-I just wanted to make sure you got my number in case you needed anything

I furrowed my brows while staring at the screen. What a weird message. What was I supposed to reply to that?

-I see, thank you

Is the best I came up with. My eyes darted up to check the time. Gosh it was already so late. I glared at the phone. All of that waiting just for that one message. I placed it back down in sight disappointment.