Chapter 18

"Leo! Over here!" My mom called out as she snapped a picture of me

Here it was, the day we've all been deeply anticipating, our graduation. With smiles that stretched across every student's face we lined up for our pictures. Families and friends had all attended to celebrate with their loved ones. That meant the same for San and I too. But each of us had been preoccupied with family, it was hard to see one another.

It wasn't until he noticed me from afar that he waved my way with a soft smile. I couldn't help but giggle in happiness before waving back.

I ushered him to come over and he gladly walked towards us. His manner suddenly changed into one of a shy boy once he noticed my mother around me.

"Hello." he greeted

My mother proceeded to make us pose close together for a picture saying it would be perfect to show our kids one day, that mom and dad have graduated together. San laughed along with his hand rubbing the back of his neck, feeling slightly embarrassed. I complained sheepishly before posing along with San.

"One more picture, with the whole family in!" She excitedly stepped in

I lowered my head feeling flustered when San's mother stood by me for the picture. One big family, I thought. Doesn't it sound nice?

"Dinner is on me tonight." San's dad announced

The rest of us cheered with giggles here and there. I felt San's hand touch the back of mine, making me look to my side. He smiled at me before grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"We'll be heading first." He stated

He led me to his car, his hand not letting go of mine till we got to the car. He opened the door for me with a slight chuckle when he saw my confused expression.

"What's this?" I laughed along

"You're coming with me."

I stepped in with a lingering smile as I watched him walk over to the drivers seat.

"To the restaurant?" I asked

"Why don't we go somewhere and enjoy ourselves first?" He suggested with a raised brow

"Hmm, any idea in mind?"

"Actually, I think I do." He nodded

"What is it?"

"A secret." He teased

"Tell me!" I whined

He only chuckled before holding his hand out for mine. I contemplated whether to accept it or whine a bit more but with one glance of his I melted into his will. He held my hand up to his lips for a soft kiss making me grin at his action. I intertwined our fingers again as I watched him adoringly.

I've never felt so lucky in my life before

***

That night my mother stayed over since it was already too late to drive back. She stepped inside the house with a gasp, reminiscing the memories she made long ago. After all, this was her old home.

"Looks like its still in good condition." She joked

"Of course it would be." I shook my head with a playful scoff

She softly smiled, "I'm glad to see you doing well here. I worried about you but I feel relieved now knowing you have San around. I always prayed you find someone like that to stay by your side, and I guess my prayers were heard."