Chapter 1

"You?" I breathed out
Enjoy♥️

I hummed the tunes of the song that played softly against the silence that filled the house, mildly entertaining myself while my hands were busy with the dishes I had been washing. It wasn't until a loud repetitive beeping noise that I paused what I had been doing in concern.

I placed the dish down carefully and washed the soap off my hands to take a peek at the tv. Instead of the song that was previously playing, the screen displayed a warning sign at every beep.

"Beep, Weather reports has issued a Winter storm warning for the whole city which is in effect for two days as of now. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect. A Winter storm warning has been issued, Beep."

I picked up the remote that sat on the sofa and shut the tv off when the repetitive beeping started over. My curiosity led me to the window where I pushed the curtain to the side to view the world. The heavy snowstorm they had warned about had made everything almost invisible from afar. Not to mention the harsh howling sound of the wind that was audible for anyone inside the house. It has been quite a while since I've last seen one of these.

"Looks pretty bad." I whispered to myself

I shut the curtains again and was on my way to continue washing the dishes when someone so suddenly banged on the door, frightening me.

A visitor? That couldn't be. At this time and in this weather? It wasn't like I get many visitors anyway.

"Is anybody home!?" A man yelled,

Knock Knock, "Are you there!?" Knock Knock

I stood hush in place feeling slightly fearful at the thought of a stranger asking for me. The banging only got louder each time increasing my fright. I glanced back and forth from the door to my unwashed dishes till I finally decided to disregard him. It's not like I can be of much help to whatever he possibly needs anyway.

Five minutes had passed in silence when the knocking started once more. I took a deep breath and exhaled before I dried my hands with the towel left on the counter, then proceeded to walk towards the door.

Why hasn't he gone home yet? Isn't he cold out there? I thought to myself

I peeked through to find a man sitting on the front steps. He was huddled in his jacket, trying to stay warm but it proved to be useless seeing how he shivered violently against the sharpness of the cold wind. I glanced ahead at the visible snow flying around back and forth from the powerful winds, and then at the night sky that only seemed to be getting darker. I cursed myself for feeling bad while unlocking the door. This is gonna be the death of me.

I opened it slightly and watched as the man just stood quivering in the cold. He was staring down, blocking me from properly seeing his face. When he noticed the light shining by his feet, he looked behind to see that the door had been unlocked. He smiled with an audible sigh of relief that escaped his mouth.

A faint gasp had escaped my lips once my gaze landed on his own. My eyes faltered as I studied his features, not quite wanting to believe that it was truly him. His rosy cheeks and nose along with his chapped lips greeted me first, the obvious result from staying out in the cold wind.

"You." I whispered inaudibly, glued to the ground

He cleared his throat before opening his mouth to say something, only to shut his mouth once again. That went for me too. Not a single word would come out of my mouth. After all this time, all these years, I wasn't sure of what to say.