Chapter 3

"Leo?" A voice called behind me

I glanced behind me to spot San standing there with his lunch bag in his hand. A small smile formed on his lips when he confirmed it was truly me.

"Yeah?" I swallowed the little bite of the sandwich I had

"I thought I wasn't going to see you today. It's been a while," He invited himself over to the seat in front of me, "can I join you for lunch?"

"Yeah sure." I nodded while wearing a smile

"I still haven't gotten the chance to really get to know anyone yet. Even though we just met, I feel like I know you the most." He explained

"I don't mind really. I'm not close with anyone either." I replied

"I thought you've lived here for a while?"

"I have, but my best friend moved away recently and it used to be just the two of us." I shrugged

"I understand," he nodded, "My close friend was supposed to move here with me but there were some complications that held him back."

A minute of silence was shared between us as we got sentimental. Despite that, I couldn't help but grin at the way we were bonding.

"Hopefully he figures things out and moves here soon."

"I'd still like to spend time with you when that happens." San admits

I was a little taken aback by his bold confession. But it warmed my heart nonetheless. I was starting to get sick of sitting alone.

"That would be nice." I blurted

He smiled, "then wait up for me after class. We'll have lunch together every day."

I nodded with my head slightly downwards to cover the growing grin on my face. He wants to get to know me.

"Are you going to see your family during the upcoming break?" I started up a conversation

"Possibly, I'd like to travel somewhere with them. Do you have any plans?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line and shook my head, "My friend might visit but nothing's planned."

"There's a lot to do around here, maybe it's because I just moved but there's so many places I'd like to go to."

I shrugged with a breathy chuckle, "It feels awkward going alone."

"Then we'll go together. I'll text you the plans since I have to get to class now, see you around."

With that, he left for his other class leaving me with a stunned face that quickly turned into a grin that wouldn't stop growing as I watched his soft and fluffy hair jump with every step he took.

***

"Here." Said San

I turned to look at the item, or food, that was in his hand. He held a chocolate flavored ice cream in front of me. I accepted it with a small thank you.