Chapter 31

As I reached for the door to knock, I stopped midway after hearing my name. I slightly leaned my ear in to listen more closely.

"She's awful, even I can tell that much." Evelyn's voice rang in my ears

My brows furrowed as I took a step back. Were they talking about me? I scoffed when her words sank in as I felt my face heat up in anger. I lowered my hand and leaned back in again, staying still in the hopes of hearing San's voice.

I felt a lump in my throat form, burning me from the inside. She has gone too far now.

But it wasn't her words that hurt me, it was San's silence. He wasn't agreeing with her, was he?

Taking a deep shaky breath, I turned around not wanting to hear more. I don't think I'll be able to handle it if I heard something I wasn't supposed to.

But my legs wouldn't move. I was still around hoping that San would defend me. But the moment I heard the click sound of the door, I rushed away without looking back.

"Leo?" San's voice echoed

This is what I get for coming here.

The tears in the corner of my eyes stung, but I kept a straight face as I walked past everyone around. I choked my tears back and quickened my steps so that San wouldn't catch up.

As soon as I stepped out of the building I ran to my car. The tears that I was holding back spilled out all at once.

San had just stepped out of the building looking around for me. I tried to unlock the car as fast as I could to avoid him, but I was too late, San was already making his way towards me.

I turned around to face him, "I swear to you, if you don't choose your words wisely-" I yelled out

"What? Why are you crying?" His brows met in the middle

"You said nothing! All you had to tell her was that she was crossing the line! San if anyone were to say anything about you I wouldn't allow it. You know it hurts so much, that you just sat there quietly!" I sobbed uncontrollably

"You're confusing me, did she say something to you?" He raised his brows

"Don't you act like you didn't hear it!"

He stared at me for a second with a confused expression before the corners of his lips curved up, "Oh, will you let me explain?"

"How is any of this funny to you!?" I furrowed my brows

"Leo," he leaned to grab my hand before pulling me to his chest, "love."

I pushed him away from me, "Don't, you can't fix it like this."

"She was not talking about you! if that's what you meant." He shrugged at the end

Awkward silence.

"What?" I scoffed

"Are you crazy? I would never let anyone say anything about you. Honestly I thought you'd trust me a bit more on that." He dryly chuckled

"I heard my name!" my chest heaved up and down in anger

"She said Lea not Leo, but yeah I can see it's pretty close." He nodded

"Who was she talking about then?" I argued

"Someone Wooyoung was working with. She has quite the reputation for her temper. Did you seriously think I'd let her talk about you in that way?"

I went quiet when it all registered in my head. He deeply sighed with a nod when I didn't answer him. He stepped closer to me and brought his thumb up to my eyes, wiping the tears.