Chapter 6

A soft knock on the door had interrupted Yunho and I's conversation. I glanced to the door with furrowed brows before looking at Yunho. He raised his brow at me giving me an annoyed look but I simply shrugged.

"I seriously wasn't expecting anyone!" I argued

He stood up to get it as I watched from afar, curious as to who it could possibly be, and a bit hopeful at that too.

"Who are you?" A familiar voice asked

"Don't you think I should be asking you that?" Yunho replied

My eyes widened in shock once I recognized the voice. I stood up and headed to the door, finally coming into his view. The moment his eyes met mine, his shoulders had drooped down quite obviously. He looked a bit disappointed I'll say. He sighed and looked down at his hands. He was holding something. He handed it to Yunho who stood in front of him.

"Yeah just tell Leo that I sent this for her."

Without taking another glance at me, he walked back to his car. Yunho furrowed his brows and looked at me.

"So, was that the friend?" He asked

I was too busy watching San to hear him. I scoffed in disbelief and stepped out to follow him. So first the phone call shut on my face, now this?

"What are you doing!? I mean a 'hello' would suffice." I scoffed

He paused in his place and looked down towards his hands before turning to face me. He held no expressions on his face. The warm gaze he always held was missing, he stared at me coldly as if I was just another person.

"I apologize for interrupting your busy time. I bought you a cake as a token of apology. I'll be off now, so you can enjoy it with your boyfriend." He sighed

"What? Yunho is just a friend." I scoffed in disbelief

"Well it shouldn't really matter to me, should it. I guess you're enjoying life. You got my apology so I'll be off now."

"Why are you acting this way!?" I spoke in frustration

"I should be the one asking that. Leo, you should've told me about your so called friend. It would've hurt less had I known earlier. I guess to him I'm just a friend too."

"What are you saying?" I asked desperately

"I wanted to ask you out on a date," his eyes met mine for a brief second, "if I'm being honest, but it seems like someone else has you preoccupied. And I'm not the type to come in between two people." His head dropped down almost in shame over what he admit

I felt my face heat up once realization dawned upon me. So all along that's what troubled him? I cleared my throat and replied.

"I'd like that."

His eyes instantly found mine, as if reading them for the truth, "you want to go out with me?" He asked in reassurance

"Yes San I want to." I exhaled as if it'd slow my racing heart but it was if no use

He spaced out for a second, seemingly surprised in my answer. I guess he wasn't expecting to hear that. I watched as the corner of his lips eventually curved up and I couldn't help but smile along despite the nervousness I felt. It seemed like the warm feeling in his eyes had returned upon that news.