Chapter 22

"What should I wear then?"

"Any formal dress will do. Just make sure it's not that dress. That one's only for my eyes."

"That's it, I'm ending the call." I rolled my eyes

I was too fed up with all his never-ending teasing over that dress. He's going to make me throw it out one day.

"Wait," he continued on laughing, "I'm just messing with you Leo, anything will do it's nothing too fancy after all."

"But it's your first company event, I gotta put up a good impression as your so called wife, no?"

"I'm just another one of their employees." He chuckled

I sighed in defeat, "alright I understand. I'll start getting ready."

"Sorry I didn't inform you earlier, I wasn't really planning on going."

"Why not?"

"There was no reason to. Wooyoung convinced me it would be a good idea though to participate in company events." He sighed

"He's right, you should get involved more if you want to work there for a long time."

He dryly chuckled, "I guess so. Well, I'll let you get prepared now. I'll pick you up in an hour or two, whenever you're ready."

"I'll let you know then, bye bye."

I set the phone down as he ended the call. I kept my eyes on it when the screen was opened up to the past calls. There was Yunho's name, from the last time I had called him. And yet not a single peep was heard from him since that day. But there was so much that I needed to do in such a short amount of time. I couldn't sacrifice any for him, not now at least.

I looked at my reflection through the mirror studying my own features, pleased with how I looked. I grabbed the jewelry box in front of me and opened it revealing the necklace that San had gotten me. With a wide smile displayed I carefully picked it up and placed it around my neck. My gosh, it's as if it got even prettier. I stared back at the mirror keeping my eyes on the necklace while my grin only seemed to be growing. But as Yunho's words popped up in my thoughts once more, my smile immediately fell.

We weren't fighting, we still aren't but it just seems like he's too annoyed to bother with me anymore. Not even one text was shared between us, it was almost like a silent treatment or a battle of who can last the longest without talking to the other. Was he that against it?

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath to shake the pestering thoughts off my head. It wasn't the time to sit and ponder everything. I let out a loud exhale and stood up to put my dress on.

***

Knock knock

the sound of knocking echoed through the quiet house. I jumped off the couch and rushed to the door. I cleared my throat and fixed my dress before unlocking it.

I presented myself with a wide grin, excited over dolling myself up for tonight. My smile only grew as I watched his eyes scan me from head to toe with his mouth hanging open in astonishment.

"How do I look?" I chuckled

"This isn't good." He shook his head

"No?" I raised my brows

"No I can't have everyone staring at you, I won't be able to handle it."

"Stop being dramatic." I rolled my eyes playfully

He let out a soft chuckle as his eyes stayed on mine. My eyes darted away shyly, not being able to keep up with the eye contact.

"I see you wore the necklace." He smiled