Chapter 1

We're the pogues, and are our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time. "If you fall your house is mine John B" I say from my place next to JJ with a beer in my hand. "Can I live with you pretty girl" JJ asked me while John B shot me a bird. "Yes JJ you can live with me" I said while Pope picked up a drill and said "you should jump I will shoot you on the way down" "Yes do it" me and JJ said at the same time "Should I jump Kie" John B asked Kie, she ignored him because she was talking to my twin sister Charlize those two were talking about something to do with the house that we were in, that is still under construction. Then are good time was ruined by security, great right.

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll" JJ said while grabbing my hand, we both whooped at the same time. "Gary is that you" JJ said "wait it's Gary, I miss you Gary, nice to see you" I said Charlize was dying laughing at what I said, it was not the first time we ran into Gary. "It's me JJ and my partner in crime Stephanie" JJ said looking over the side of the deck. He is such and idoit, but he is so hot! "JJ, Stephanie get over here now! " Gary yelled at us. We started to run out of the house screaming and laughing.

"You two are just asking for it" Charlize said to me and JJ. JJ went the wrong way and slid to the ground the turned around and grabed my hand, me started running and Gary grabed JJ "not much of a hugger man" JJ said running outside and jumping over the fence. Pope was in front of me and JJ, jumping over the fence Pope hit the ground "Pope get up we got to go" I said JJ helped him up then me, JJ and Pope jumped into the Twinkie. Then the real fun started. "Check out Gary, gunning for a raise" Charlize said. "Come on, Gary" JJ said while I was grabbing a beer can "so close Gary come on" I said while handing JJ the can. "Wait slow down" Charlize said. JJ throws the beer can and Gary caught it and slowed down. JJ groans then says "They don't pay you enough, bro" "JJ, Stephanie stop, Charlize I thought you were the well behaved sister" Kie yelled at us. "Oh come on that sort of initiative" JJ started but I finished it "is just begging to be punished" JJ and me high fived then we sat down and Kie closed the Twinkie's door.

The Outer Banks, paradise on earth . It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes one island. All right, this is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. So, guess where we don't live. And then this is the South side or the cut. Home of the working class, who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of drumroll please, the pogues. That's us. Pogues, pogies, the throw away fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay so, the downside of pogues life we're ignored and neglected. But the upside of pogue life is we're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

That's JJ, my best friend since kindergarten. He's about as local as they come. Lastest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta holding - salt lifters who made their living off the water, best surfer I know. Just don't tell me I said that because he's ego is big enough. Mild kleptomaniac and future tax cheat and super hot.

And that's Kiara, or Kie as we call her. When's she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. Not really sure why, though. So, she's a rich kid, actually. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns the Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us. Pope has a thing for her not sure about John B or JJ.

And that's Pope, the brains of the operation, finalist for the Lucas T. Vander Horst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person I know. Little bit of a weirdo. His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get it for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his odd ball son, but it didn't matter he was a pogue, just like the rest of us.

And this is my friend John Booker Routledge. He lives in a old fish shack on the marsh. The chateau as his dad used to call it. His dad disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. And then there his mom she split when he was three. Last he's heard she was in Colorado. He thinks it was Colorado. His Uncle T is supposedly his legal guardian since his dad vanished. He hasn't been here since his JohnB's dad vanished.

And then there's my twin sister Charlize Char as we call her, super sweet, loving girl, she lives with our mom because are dad has nothing to do with mom or Char, she is the most Dirt minded of us all, she makes us laugh 24/7.

Then there's me Stephanie Leanne Meadows or Steph as everyone calls me or if your JJ pretty girl. I live with me and Char's dad because mom wants nothing to do with me or dad. Dad is abusive and he is all ways high off some thing or drunk most of the time both just like JJ's dad. So JJ understands me more than anyone. Me and Char are not iddentcal, she has black straight hair with blue eyes. I have dark brown curly hair with blueish, greenish eyes and if you look really close I have some brown in my eyes. Char has a huge crush on John B and I'm head over heels for JJ. So that's my crew the pogues.