Chapter 4

"Well, that was fun" JJ said chuckling from his seat next to me on the front of the boat. "Could have warned us sooner" I said "we would have, except Pope was on the math team"Kie said looking at Pope. " You were on the math team"JJ asked curiously. "The cops took everything like it was a crime scene" Pope said worried. "Did you guys find anything" Pope asked curiously as JJ and me sat up. "Did we find anything? No, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did" JJ said smiling as I pulled out my stack of cash and he pulled out his stack of cash and his gun. "What the hell" Pope asked us in disbelief "guys, what" Kie said in disbelief. "Dude, chill. Come on" JJ said walking up to Pope. "Why did you two take that from a crime scene" Pope asked us. "Because I need cash, why else would I take it" I asked look at Pope. "It's better than the cops having it" JJ said putting his hand on Pope's shoulder, after he gave me his stack of cash. "I'm gonna lose my merit Scholarship" Pope said sadly. "Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh, sh, sh. At least you have us, right" JJ said to Pope. "I'm living the nightmare" Pope said pushing JJ off him.

We arrived in town and docked the boat, there were cops every where, there was a dead body being moved off a boat and a lady crying. "Who is that" JohnB asked a girl from school, I have no idea what her name is. "It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm" the girl told us. "Check out this pic I got. Dead body" she said showing us the pic on her phone, I turned around because I felt sick JJ noticed so he pulled me into a hug, and I buryed me head into his chest as he rubbed my back. "You ok pretty girl" JJ asked me his voice laced with worry "no, I feel sick" I said in a low voice. "Hey, guys we are going to wait for y'all in the boat" JJ said to the others, pulling out of our hug he wrapped his arm around my waist and walked me back to the boat. "Thanks Jay" I said in a low voice "anything for you pretty girl" JJ said as he softly kissed me on the cheek causing me to blush. When the others got back we headed to the chateau "you okay sis" Char asked me "yeah, I felt a little sick" I said as JJ layed his head in my lap, he smilied up at me so I smiled back at him as I ran my fingers through his messy blond hair and he closed his eyes and hmm in pleasure.

We got back to the chateau, JohnB was playing around with a beer bottle, JJ was playing with my hair. Pope ran on to the porch panting "okay. So, um we, didn't see anything thing. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia"Pope said sitting next to Kie. " Actually, Pope's right for once"JJ said pointing at Pope. "Well that a surprise" Char said looking at JJ with a disbeliving look on her face. "See, I agree with sometimes. Deny, deny, deny" JJ said standing up and walking over to JohnB. "Guys, we can't keep that money" Kie said "Kie, the only reason I grabbed the money is because I'm broke, because I have been keeping JJ, JohnB and myself fed" I said getting annoyed with Kie. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" JJ said, I could tell JJ was getting annoyed to, he used her full name. "We have to pass off the money off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise it's bad karma" Kie said "it's bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too" Pope said backing Kie up. "Sis, if you need food you can come over to mom's house and eat with us" Char said to me. "Charlize you do realise, the second I walk into that house mom is going to kick me out you know that right. She wants nothing to do with me" I said raising my voice, causing Char to go silent and JJ to pull me into his side and kissed my forehead, calming me down. "We gotta go dark" Pope said looking at me and JJ. "If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" JJ said as he rubbed my back to keep me calm. " I don't agree"JohnB said. "What? Why" JJ questioned JohnB. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. We're talking about a dirt bag marina rat. Who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all the sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin" JohnB said looking at all of us.

Me and Char stayed quiet and way from each other. When we got to the dock, Char stood next to Kie, Pope, and JohnB as Pope fished, and I stood next to JJ, away from everyone else as JJ fished. "All right, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White" JohnB asked Pope. "Prostitution" Pope answered. "Square groupers, bro. Okay flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean? JJ, Steph" JohnB asked us. "They were straight smuggling"JJ and I said at the same time. "Great minds think alike" I said to JJ and he just Laughed. "Smuggling. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck" JohnB said. "Hell,yeah"JJ said looking into the water. " Fish on! " JJ yelled excitedly.

We went into the chateau and sat in JohnB's room. Char sat nexted to JohnB and stayed quiet. JJ sat in the window seal and pulled me down so I could sit on his lap. "For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it. it probably belongs to someone else" Pope said. "Minor details" I said as I played with the rings on JJ fingers, JJ just watched me play with his rings and smiled. "They could come looking for it for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid" Pope finished. "Right. Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time"JJ said leaning over me and grabbed the money from Pope's hands. "All we need to do is figure out a way to get in the cargo holdof that wreck. Until then, we just lay low. Just acted normal" JJ said. "Right.and how exactly do we do that" Char asked looking over at me and JJ. "Kegger" me and Kie said at the same time, everyone agreed, now just to set the kegger up.