Chapter 22

The nexted morning me and JJ meet the rest of the Pogues at the Wreck. "I'm sorry. You're staying where" Kie asked in a annoyed voice. "Tannyhill" JohnB answered. "So you're living with Sarah Cameron" Char snapped.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't" JohnB said getting cut of by Pope as Kie handed out cups of water to us.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now" Pope asked. "I don't know, Pope" JohnB said annoyed. "What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them" JJ asked then took a sip of his water and then handed it to me. Me and JJ have always shared almost everything with each other.

"You gonna start playing golf" I asked then I took a sip of me and JJ's water before handing it back to him. "Doesn't it come with a sweater vest, or do you have to buy one on your own" Pope asked. "Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her" Kie said.

"Bro, just own it. She got you" JJ said. "The way my sister got you" Char said smiling at us. "Yeah, Steph got me. I own it, thank you very much Char" JJ said kissing my cheek. "Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah" Kie said. "Same here" Char said putting her hand on Kie's shoulder.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map right" JohnB said changing the subject. "It's out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it" JJ said. "Babe, it's cause the coast has changed" I said kissing his cheek. "So we just have to look for land marks that haven't changed" Pope explained.

"What about the old forts" JohnB asked. "Battery Jasper" Kie said. Then we packed up our map and lefted for Battery Jasper. Kie, Pope, Char, and JohnB stood on the ground looking at the map, me and JJ stood next to each other on a rock. "We're in Battery, right here. So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here" Pope explained where pointing out places on the map.

"Some where over there" Kie and Char asked as Kie pointing in front of us. "Right" Pope said. "Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill that's a subdivision" JJ said. "Tannyhill plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time" JohnB explained. "And you failed history class, how" I asked causing JohnB to glare at me and JJ to laugh.

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall" Pope said. Then we all got back in the Twinkie and followed Pope's directions. "Okay, so the road should split up here" Pope said. "Okay" JohnB said. "All right. You're gonna take a left" Pope said. Then JohnB took a sudden turn lefted that caused Char to hit her head on the window. "JohnB, careful before you give me a concussion" Char snapped.

"Sorry" JohnB told her. "That looks like a stone wall to me" JJ said. "This is it" Pope told us. "Not the Crain house" JohnB complained. "Are you kidding me" Kie asked. "Really? Can we just catch a break" Char wined. "Worst case scenario" JJ said. "Oh, really you think so JJ" I said my voice full of sarcasms which made JJ smile, he loves my sarcasm.

"Why'd it have to be here of all places" Pope complained. "I heard that Mrs Crain buried her husband's head on the property" JJ said his voice completely serious. "JJ, if you start with those story's I swear you will sleep on the porch" I told JJ.

We climb over the stone wall and started walking through the Craig's garden. "Look, you guys know whose house this is, right" Kie asked. "Oh, yeah. No, I do" JJ said. "Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place" JohnB said. "Which stories did you hear" JJ asked me, Char and Kie.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full you can see her in the window" Kie said said wiggling her fingers in JJ's face. "Kie that's werewolves" I said looking at Kie as she giggled. "I don't believe in the stories" Char said. "No, it's not funny, cause it's all true. I swear to God guys, this is real. I knew Hollis. Jeez" JJ said jumping out of fear and squared up at a statue.