Chapter 7

The next morning, I woke up on JJ's bare chest. "Morning baby girl" JJ said in a sleepy voice. I love his sleepy voice. "Morning my bad boy" I said, as kissed his chest. "Why do you call me that" JJ asked as he chuckled at my nickname. "Because your mine and you are a bad boy some times" I said looking into his eyes. "Both of those reasons are very much true" JJ said then he kissed my lips. "We got to get dressed and go to JohnB's" JJ said getting up. After we both got dressed we took JJ's dirt bike to JohnB's.

When we got there kie was playing the bongos, Pope was reading, and now JJ was sitting on a table, throwing rocks into the water, as I sat behind JJ rudding his back, JohnB was pacing. No one had noticed the marks on my neck yet, except for me and JJ.

"Look, I'm calling it off. All right? Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS" JohnB said. Me and JJ both looked at him crazy. "And you believed her" JJ asked in disbelief. "Yes, I believe her, JJ" JohnB said. Char walked out of the chateau and sat next to Kie. "An actual cop, JohnB" JJ asked. "You believed a cop" I asked. The cops here are not good at their jobs around here. "All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was shooting a gun" JohnB said annoyed at JJ. "You know what I should have done? I should have let Topper drown your ass" JJ said, getting annoyed. "I shouldn't have begged you to save his ungrateful ass" I said, JJ smiled lightly at me until JohnB opened his mouth. "Yeah, Topper was gonna drown me" JohnB said. "Sure looked like it" JJ said getting up. "Funny" JohnB said sarcastically. "Have you looked in a mirror" JJ asked JohnB. "Tell me some more. Come on" JohnB agged JJ on.

"They always win, don't they" JJ started, he was now in front of the surf shack where everyone was sitting, he put his arm against a post that holded up the surf shack as he continued. "Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win! Goddamn! " JJ yelled as he smacked his hand against the post he was against and turned towards the water. "Look, it's ok" Kie said trying to calm JJ. JJ turned back towards the group, I walked up to the post he smacked a second ago, and leaned against it. "No, it's not okay! It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it" JJ yelled, staying next to me.

"I know you do. And I understand why you two don't wanna go. You're the golden kids you got way too much to risk" JJ said pointing at Pope and Char. Char is very smart,just like Pope. "And you, I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother" JJ said pointing at Kie. "But you, me, and Steph, man, we got nothin to lose! We really don't, all right" JJ yelled. "JJ" JohnB said trying to stop him from continuing. "And I know it didn't use to be that way for you" JJ said. "I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it" JohnB said pushing pasted JJ. "Babe" I said grabbing JJ's shoulder. JJ looked at me, everyone looked at us with shocked faces. "Oh, shit. Well I guess they were going to find out eventually. Sorry JJ" I said in a paniced voice. "It's ok baby girl" JJ said as everyone was still in shock. "Your not mad" I asked in a soft, low voice. "No baby I'm not mad" JJ said hugging me. "You two broke the no Pogue on Pogue macking rule, and don't try to deny it. I see those marks on your neck Stephanie" Char said in a excited yet annoyed voice. "Yeah we did, ok back to JohnB and JJ's arugement now" I said.

"JohnB, listen to me. I have a plan. You got keys to the Cameron's big boat, right? " JJ said. "No JJ" JohnB said in a low voice. "There's scuba gear. We borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man. You don't see rich kids going to foster care, do you? " JJ asked JohnB.

JohnB left to get the scuba gear. "So when did you guys get together" Pope asked. "After you guys took JohnB home, after the kegger. She wasn't mad at me, and I told her how I felt, she did the same thing. Then we went to my house and you can guess what happened when we got there. " JJ said raising his eyebrows at Pope, Kie and Char and then winked at me as I laughed at there reactions. After that talk me and JJ cuddled in the hammock and smoked until JohnB came back.