Chapter 14

The next morning we went on a boat ride. JohnB was driving, Char was sharing JohnB's seat. Pope and Kie sat on the side of the boat. I was sitting in between JJ's legs, my back pressed against his toned chest. JJ's chin rested on the top of my head, his arms my waist as we both were seated on the nose of the boat. As we drove slowly another boat was slowly driving by us. The boys had their shirts off and us girls had just our bikinis on. All of a sudden JJ whistles. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K easy" JJ said looking at the boat. "So guys we have learned two things. One I told y'all JJ is not dumb. Two I have been replaced by a boat" I said fake pouting. Causing everyone to laugh. "You will never be replaced, I promise"JJ said then kissed my lips passionately. "We picked the wrong parents" Pope said. "Yeah we did" Char said. "I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend" Kie said. As we passed each other on the water both Kooks looked at us, like we were trash. "You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch" Kie hissed.

After our boat ride we took the Twinkie to where me and JJ worked. I got him the job but he thinks he got it on his own. "All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines" JJ said loading his gun. "Yo,come on, man. Just put it back. Steph a little help" JohnB said looking at me. "Don't look at me I agree with JJ" I said kissing JJ on the cheek. "You can never be to careful" JJ said. "Hey I perfect that bring a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve" Pope said leaning against JJ's door. "Thank you, Pope" Char said. I climbed out of the Twinkie as Kie looks over JJ's shoulder. "I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back" Kie said getting out of the Twinkie. JohnB grabbed the gun by the barrel and put it back up. "You can't grab a gun like that. Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy" JJ said handing my badge and intertwining our fingers as we walked to the door. "So we're are we going now" Pope asked from behind us. "We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now. This way" JJ said leading us inside. When we entered the kitchen me and JJ saw everyone we worked with.

"Andrew" JJ yelled. "All right" Andrew yelled. "What's up, bro" JJ said as we walked through the kitchen. "Mama L, good to see you"JJ said trying to grab a shrimp. "Hey, no! JJ" Mama L said slapping his hand away from the shrimp. "Mama L" I said hugging the little old lady. "Steph, so good to see you" She said as she hugged me back. As she hugged me I grab a shrimp for JJ. I caught up with JJ. "JJ" I said handing him the shrimp. "How did you do that" Char asked in amazment. "My boyfriend is JJ Maybank how else do you think I did that" I said with a sly smile. "Thank you baby girl" JJ said kissing my cheek. "See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat" JJ said opening the door to the coumptuer room. "Sweet Lord, the internet! I've missed you" Pope said sitting in the coumptuer chair. "Let me get in there. Gotta check my girlfriend's Insta" JJ said smiling at me. "We don't have time" Kie snapped. "JJ she is standing right next to you" Char said. JJ looked me up and down causing me to blush. I leaned into JJ's side as Pope rambled.

"I got the map" JohnB said putting the map on the desk. "Coordinates, please" Pope said. "34, 57, 30 North. 75, 55, 42 West" JohnB readed. "Boom, continental shelf right there" JohnB said. "Well if it's off the deep end it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it" Pope said. "Come on baby" JJ said as he stared at the screen. "Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet" JohnB said excitedly. "That's not to deep" me and JJ said in sync. "Is that doable or something" Kie asked. "Yeah totally doable" JJ answered. "Okay will we be taking your personal submarine" Char asked sarcastically. "How do you know this Mr. Dive Master" JohnB asked. "The salvage yard. They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need" JJ said. "Can your dad get his grimy little hands on that" JohnB asked. "Well my dad's grimy little hands got his ass fired. I guess the Salvage captain fronws on showing up shit faced, turns out. But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back" JJ explained. "How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again" Kie asked. "600 million" me, JJ and JohnB said in sync. Pope got up and blocked the door. "No. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. No" Pope said. "Pope! Move" Kie hissed and pushed him out of the way.

Pope and Kie went to go get Kie's car. JohnB and Char are at the dock getting the boat ready for the plan. Me and JJ are sitting on the porch at the chateau. "Baby girl" JJ said getting my full attention. "Yes Jay" I said looking at him. "I forgot to give you this last night" JJ said pulling a necklace out of his pocket. He grabbed my hand a layed the necklace in my hand. The necklace had a gun charm, a blue gem, and a wave charm.

"JJ it's beautiful, I love it" I said looking at the necklace in my hand

"JJ it's beautiful, I love it" I said looking at the necklace in my hand. "I'm glad you like it. Can I put it on you" JJ asked. "Yes please" I said turning my back to him and I pulled my hair to the side so JJ could put the necklace on me. After JJ put the necklace on me I turned back around facing him, I cupped his cheeks and kissed him passionately. "I love you" I said resting my forehead on his. "I love you too" JJ said pulling me into his side. We stayed like that until Pope and Kie got to the chateau hooked up the boat then we lefted for the salvage yard.