Chapter 27

We are headed to the warehouse. JohnB is driving, Sarah is in the passenger seat. JJ is in the seat behind JohnB, I am sitting in the floor next to JJ, Pope and Kie are sitting in the other back seat.

"So they keep money out here" Pope asked. "That's what she said" JJ said then chuckled. "That's what she said" JJ said again. "Stop" Pope said. "That's what she said" I yelled causing JJ to laugh. "Can you be any louder" Pope asked. "That's what he said" I said pointing at JJ. JJ started coughing from how hard he was laughing. "Ok I'm done" I said then bursted into a fit of laughter.

"I've never even heard of resurrection drive" Sarah said. "Cause you're rich" JJ said. "You've never heard of it either" Kie said. "Thank you" Sarah said. "There's nothing but weeds back here" Kie said. "All right, just cause its just weeds, doesn't mean it's like" JJ said then a siren went off.

"Cops? Out here" Kie asked. "God! Are you kidding me" JJ yelled. "Son of a bitch. We can't catch a break" I said. "What did we do" Sarah asked. "Why are we getting pulled over" Pope asked. "Stash that" JohnB told JJ to hide the gold.

"Chill guys" Kie said. "I hate cops" me and JJ said in sync. "Did you bring the gun" JohnB asked JJ. "No. Okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place" JJ said. "Thank god. Please, everything else in your bag" Kie said. "I am! I am, all right" JJ snapped. "How much weed do you have on you, bro" Kie asked. "Kie! Shut the fuck up" I snapped she was stressing JJ out more.

"He's walking up" Pope warned. Then all of a sudden we heard a gun cock. "Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air. All y'all hands up in the air now" the man yelled, JJ pulled me as close to him as possible. "You, out of the car! Let's go" The man yelled at JohnB. "Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry! Let them out! What are you waitin on? Let them out! Let's get out the car let's go" the man yelled pointing the gun at us.

"There you go, pretty girl. Here we go! Get out the car, let's go! Hurry up" the man yelled. Sarah, Kie, and Pope got out then me and JJ. "We're broke" JJ said. "Shut the hell up" the man yelled and pointed the gun at JJ's chest. "All right! Just relax" JJ yelled. Then I stepped in front of JJ and now the gun is pointed at my chest. "Look at this. Your protecting your boyfriend" the man teased. "You hurt him trust me I will kill you" I said calmly.

The man laughed. "Lay down in the ditch" the man yelled. The man pointed the gun at my head then JJ pulled me behind him. "On your goddamn hands and knees! Down! Put your face on the ground" the man yelled as we did what we were told.

"Stay here just like that! Don't let me see you look up! All right? That's all y'all gotta do" the man said then started to search the Twinkie for the gold. "It's a set up, guys" Kie said. "That old bat shanked us. Fuck! Goddamn it" JJ said punching the ground. "JJ" I said grabbing his hand. JJ looked over at me.

"It's goin be ok baby girl. I promise" JJ said rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. "JohnB, no" Sarah said causing me to look up at JohnB standing up. "JohnB. Don't be a hero, man" Pope said. JohnB climbed into the fake cop car. "All right, y'all stay like that. Unless you want your brains blown out all over this road, don't move your goddamn heads okay" the man said then he jogged to his car.

"Guys, I got the gun" JohnB yelled. Me and JJ got up and ran to help JohnB. JJ punched the man in the ribs then the man punched JJ in the face and threw Kie to the ground. I punched the man in the face four times in a row and JJ pushed him back causing him to fall. "I got the gold" Pope said.

JohnB pulled the man's mask off. "I know this piece of shit! He's a base head" JJ said. "He sells to my dad" I said. "He probably knows my brother" Sarah said. "He sells coke to my dad" JJ said then slammed the butt of the gun into Barry's stomach.

"JJ" Kie yelled. "Dude chill, man" Pope said. JJ grabbed Barry's wallet out of Barry's pocket. "Come on, let's get outta here" Pope said. "We got one last stop" JJ said walking towards the Twinkie. "Hey" JohnB yelled at JJ. "Let's go see where this son of a bitch lives" JJ said getting in the driver's seat, I get in the passenger seat. "I'm gonna remember this shit! You can't hide from me! I know exactly who y'all are! You're gonna see me again" Barry yelled as we drove away.