Chapter 16

We all were hungry so we went to the Wreck with the hope of getting free food. "Stealing drones makes you hungry" Kie said getting out of the passenger seat. "What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now" JJ said as me and him climb out of the back seat. "It would not be pretty" Pope and Char said in sync. "Just like you Pope not pretty" I said joking around. "JJ your girl is being mean" Pope said as we walked through the door. "Well she learned from the best" JJ said kissing my cheek.

"Hey dad, how'd we do" Kie asked. "We didn't turn it over once" Kie's dad said as me, JJ, JohnB, and Pope walked past them Char surprisingly stayed next to Kie. We went to the dining room and stood around a couple eating. "I'm so hungry" JohnB whispered staring at there food. JJ had his arms around me as he started at there food, Pope was staring to.

Char, Kie, and Kie's dad looked over at us, so me, JohnB and Pope waved at them, JJ gave them a peace sign. "Sit down" Kie told us as her and Char made their way to us. "Oh, yes" JJ said pulling my chair out for me. "Who are you and where is JJ" I asked. "What, I can be a gentleman" JJ said smiling at me. "Thank you" I said sitting down in the seat JJ pulled out for me.

JohnB threw a french fry at JJ, it didn't hit JJ it hit me. "Really. Careful JohnB or you will find crabs in your bed in the morning" I said smiling. My threat worked the food fight was over. I reached over JJ's arm and tried to grab a french fry but he smacked my hand playfully. "Ow. I just wanted a fry" I said pretending to be hurt. "If you would have asked I would have told you we can share baby girl" JJ said chuckling at me and sliding the basket of french fries so they where in between us. "Thank you Jay" I said grabbing a french fry. "Your adorable, you know that" JJ said smiling at me.

Kie started dancing, she pulled JohnB out of his chair to dance with her. Pope looked sad so Char grabbed his hand and started dancing with him. JJ looked over at me "JJ I can't dance" I said looking at his beautiful ocean eyes. "Come on, try. For me" JJ begged me. "Fine, I'll try for you" I said giving into him. JJ got up grabbed my hand and surprisingly he's pretty good at dancing. "When did you learn to dance" I asked as we swayed to the music. "I've seen people do it in the movies" JJ answered spinning me around. "Well your pretty good at it" I said pressing my head against his chest as we danced.

After dancing and eating we went back to the chateau and fell asleep. The next morning we all went to the dock to test out the drone. Char, JohnB, and Kie were in the water testing the drone's camera. Me, JJ and Pope were on the dock. "What's this" JJ asked touching something to do with the drone. "Don't touch that" Pope said smacking JJ's hand away. "God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man. What would we do without you to control the drones" JJ asked standing next to Pope.

"It's not a drone. It's an ROV" Pope explained. "Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now" JJ said while wrapping his arms around me. "Baby girl your quiet what's wrong" JJ whispered in my ear. "I'm just in one of those moods Jay" I said in a low voice. "Don't do anything that will hurt you. Please. I love you baby girl" JJ said tightening his hold on me.

I've never told anyone this except JJ. I get in these moods where I feel like I'm not good enough, or I don't deserve to be happy or loved, I feel like I deserve to suffer and die but JJ keeps me from doing anything stupid. I have scars on my lefted hand right behind my thumb where I used to cut myself but JJ got me to stop.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim" JohnB said. "It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that" JJ said then kissed my cheek trying to get me out of my mood. "Well, there is maritime salvage law" Char said swimming over to the dock.

"You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up" Pope said. "We know. We know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap" I said. "As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp" JohnB said swimming to the dock. "How do know of that" Kie asked swimming to the dock. "Cause my dad said it, like, a million times" JohnB said. "Yeah, that's fair" Kie said. "This tether, is, like, really long. In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around" Pope said. "Then we'll go at dead clam" JohnB said. "At slack tide" Char said. "So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather. And today is not that day" Pope said looking at the storm clouds coming are way.