Chapter 15

We are on our way to the salvage yard. "Pope, we are not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it" JohnB said. JohnB was driving, Kie was sitting in the passenger seat. Pope was sitting behind JohnB. JJ was back was pressed against the back of the passenger seat rolling a blunt, I was sitting on his lap. Chey was sitting on the back seat.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality" Pope said. "Did you come up with that" JohnB asked. "Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing" Pope said annoyed voice. "Oh" JohnB said in surprised. "So, which is it. Fantasy or reality" Pope asked. "Why are you so weird, Pope" JJ asked focused on his blunt. "It's fantasy, but possible reality" Kie answered. "Reality" JohnB and Chey said in sync. "Virtual reality" JJ and me said in sync as JJ flicks his lighter to light his blunt. Pope takes JJ's blunt out of his mouth and throws it. "Are you serious, I wanted a hit of that" I snapped at Pope. Then I put my head into the crook of JJ's neck and his arms wrapped around me.

"Keep the signal clear" Pope said. Kie and Chey got the job to distract the security guard. As they got out of the Twinkie JJ and Pope started arguing. "You know what your problem is" JJ snapped at Pope. "You" Pope snapped back. "No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense" JJ said. "I'm not to tense" Pope snapped. "Hey, don't worry. You guys got this" JohnB told Chey and Kie. "It's not me that I'm worried about" Kie said as she and Chey walked back to Kie's car.

Chey and Kie distract the guard as me, JJ, JohnB, and Pope hided behind a stack of wood. "How's it going with Kiara" JJ asked JohnB. "It's not awkward, weird, or anything" JohnB said sarcastically, JJ shorts as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me. I was 100 percent sure she was into you. Pope would agree" JJ said. "Oh my god. Shut up about Kie. JohnB, Chey has liked you since 8th grade. If any of you tell her I told y'all, I will kill you all painfully slow except JJ his death will be quick and painless" I snapped causing all the boys to look at me with shocked expressions. "Is that why every time Kie says something Chey rolls her eyes or makes a smart comment" JJ asked. "Yes" I breathe out. JohnB and Pope both started at me in shock.

"Go! Go, go, go, go" JJ said. We followed JJ into the salvage yard and to the impound lot. We followed JJ to a shed, he pulled out a sticky note with a code on it. He grabs the lock on the shed and puts in the code. He starts pulling the lock. "Do you have the right numbers" Pope asked. "All right, so I might have the wrong numbers" JJ said. "Ah, damn it" Pope said out of frustration. Then a dog starts running towards us barking.

"Oh, hey" JJ said to the dog. "Fucking great" I said sarcastically. "That's a cougar. Never mind" JohnB said running behind the shed. "Hi! No, stay there! Good boy" JJ said as he pulled me with him away from the shed. "Pope, run" JJ yelled from beside me. "Back off! Back off! Back off" Pope said waving a pipe at the dog. "I got a toy, boy! Wait, no. I was just kidding. Shit! Okay, sit" JJ yelled as me and him ran with the dog right behind us. "JJ you can't tell a dog you got a toy now he's going to follow us" I yelled. "Sorry" JJ said as we climb a ladder, on to a boat away from the dog.

"Whoever's up there better come on out"the security guard yelled. " I mean it. Don't make me go up there and get your ass" he yells. "Wait Boddy" JJ said putting his hands up I do the same. "Don't shoot. It's me JJ and my girl Stephanie. Luke's kid and she's Maxwell's daughter" JJ said. "What are you two doin" Boddy asked us. "I swear, okay? I didn't want to, okay? My dad made me" JJ said in a shakey voice. "Don't you lie" Boddy snapped. "He told me Captain Leo kept his cutting torch. You know, after he got fired. He said if I didn't get it back for him, he was gonna hit me again" JJ said. I wrapped my arms around his JJ's torso. "I came to help him find it. I don't want him to get hurt again" I said playing along with JJ's plan. "Son of a bitch" Boddy said. "We're sorry" JJ said in a shakey voice. "Come on down. I almost killed you two" Boddy said as me and JJ climbed down the ladder. "I know" JJ said as he starts to fake cry. "I'll just come up with somethin. Tell him I couldn't find it" JJ said as I intertwined our fingers. "All right" Boddy said. Me and JJ walked out of the salvage yard scott free. Thank god I have a smart boyfriend.