Chapter 30

In the middle of the night I heard soft crying beside me. I look over to see JJ crying but he was asleep. "Baby. Jay. JJ" I said lightly shaking him. JJ jolted up still crying. "Baby what's wrong" I asked as I slowly rubbed his back. "I had a dream about my dad beating me and you lefted me" JJ said shaking. I pulled him into my arms. He layed his head down on my chest as he continued to cry.

"Your safe Jay. He can't hurt you. I'm here I didn't leave you, I would never leave you. Remember, Steph and Jay till the end" I said running my fingers through his hair. "I love you JJ" I said then kissed him gently on his temple. He looked up at me. "How do you love someone like me. Someone who's fucked up and worthless" JJ asked.

"JJ your not worthless and we are both a little fucked up and that's ok because no ones perfect. You ask how can I love someone like you. JJ you are one of the most sweetest people that every walked the earth. Your loyal to your friends and me. You would do anything to protect me and our friends. You are a great person don't ever for a second think your worthless or not enough because your are so much more than you think" I said holding him tight.

"I love you Steph" JJ said then kissed me gently. "I love you too Jay" I said as I wiped away his tears. "You need to get some sleep babe" I told JJ. I layed down. "Come here" I told JJ. He layed his head on my stomach. I ran my fingers through his hair and rubbed his back until he went to sleep then I fell asleep.

The next morning me a JJ got up and went out side and put our feet into the hot tub while Pope and Kie worked on the bucket to pull up the gold, Char lefted to find JohnB. Sarah was just using JohnB to get the gold. Kie said she abmited it to them after me and JJ lefted. So JohnB and Sarah are no longer together and Char wanted to  apologize and comfort him.

"How's it feeling" Pope asked Kie who was in the bucket. "Feels good" Kie said. "I'm taking you down" Pope said as he slowly made the bucket go down. "Okay" Kie said. "How you feelin babygirl" JJ asked me. "I'm alright just a little sore. My ribs hurt the most but other than that I'm alright. How are you feelin Jay" I asked. "I'm okay. I will ice down your ribs later" JJ said.(put ice packs on her ribs) "Jay you don't have to do that" I said. "But I want to" JJ said. I  leaned over a little bit and kissed JJ gently. "I love you" JJ said. "I love you too" I said back.

"JohnB pullin a Houdini" JJ said. "Yeah, where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We got to get this done" Pope said. "Speak of the devil. Hey! Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything" JJ told JohnB as he and Char walked to the chateau in silence.

"No, he did not. I did that" Pope said. "JohnB, Char" I said but they didn't say anything. "Hey" Kie said but they keeped walking. "Okay, that's it" JJ said. "Uh, what's that all about" Pope asked. "I was gonna ask you the same question" JJ said as me and him get out of the hot tub and we all walked inside the chateau to see JohnB and Char searching for something.

"You two all right? What's up" Pope asked JohnB and Char. "What are you guys looking for" Kie asked. "What's going on" I asked. Char picked up the side of the pull out couch mattress and grabbed JJ's gun and handed it to JohnB. "JohnB, what do you need the gun for? Talk to us" JJ said raising his voice a little. JohnB pushed JJ to the ground. I ran over to JJ and helped him up. "You alright" I asked. "Yeah I'm fine" JJ said.

"JohnB chill! What are you doing" Kie yelled. "What, are you JJ now" Pope asked then JohnB pushed him into the table. "Are you okay" Kie asked Pope as JohnB and Char walked outside. "JohnB, Char, what the hell are y'all doing! JohnB what the hell" Kie yelled.

JohnB and Char were sitting on JJ's dirt bike. "Ward knows about the gold" Char said. "He killed my dad" JohnB said and then they rode off. "JohnB, Char" we yelled but they didn't stop.

Later that night we got on the Pogue (the boat) and went to the Cameron's house well their dock. "What now? We just go up to the front door and ask, 'hey have you seen JohnB" JJ said. "Look, he lives at Tannyhill now it's plausible. Look, we can play dumb" Kie said. "Play dumb" JJ asked. Sitting next to me on the nose of the boat.

"It petty late" Pope said. "Look, I've never seen JohnB or Char like that. We should honestly be going to the cops" Kie said. "Kie that would get them in trouble" I said annoyed. "The cop... Yeah, and say what, Kie? We're worried about our friends because their on a rampage because Ward Cameron Killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us" JJ said. "Hey I see Ward" Pope said. "Let me see" Kie said grabbing the binoculars from Pope.

"Doesn't look dead to me. Let's go home" Pope said. "What" Kie snapped. "Uh. Okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if JohnB and Char were here, they aren't now, okay? Plus, I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours" Pope said. "Yeah, well, our friends are in trouble" Kie said. "I'm in trouble. Guys, I haven't been home in three days. My dad's probably put all my shit on the street by now"Pope said.

" okay so that's it? In a time of need, you're just gonna bail? You're just gonna walk away"kie said. I put my head in my hands sick of hearing them yell at each other. "Okay, yo, guys, can we not do this right now" JJ said pulling me into his side. "Hey, I have a scholarship interview in the morning" Pope said.

"Okay, well, what about JohnB" Kie yelled. "Why is it always about JohnB" Pope yelled. "Stop it" I said. "It's not always about JohnB. You're so stupid. It would be any of you in this situation" Kie yelled. "Oh, bullshit" Pope yelled. My body started to shake in rage. Right now we need to stick together and they are fighting. "Guys" JJ yelled.

"This is about friendship. Look, this is about Pogues for life" Kie yelled. "What about forensic pathology, huh? It's my life. Everything I've worked for" Pope yelled. "That's your priority" Kie yelled in Pope's face. "Stop the moral high ground bullshit" Pope yelled.

"That's it I've had it! If you two don't shut the fuck up and stop arguing I will kick both your asses. Just stop don't you think we've all had enough of yelling and fighting cause I have" I finally snapped. They both got Silent.
"Pope, I'll drop you off. Kie I'm dropping you off to" JJ said.

After we dropped off Pope and Kie, JJ took me to the beach. JJ anchored the boat and grabbed a blanket off the boat and layed it down on the sand then we layed down and cuddle together. "You ok" JJ asked playing with my hair. "Yeah. I just couldn't take anymore yelling and I snapped" I said. "Yeah I get it" JJ said then I yawned. "You tired" JJ asked. "Yeah" I said sleeply. "Go to sleep then. Goodnight I love you" JJ said and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight night I love you" I said and fell asleep with my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. We fell asleep on the beach together.

This song just matches JJ's and Steph's parent problems