Chapter 21

STEP'S POV
We finally get to the Hawk's nest. I'm still sitting on JJ's lap as he slowly rubs my back. "Hit it, boys! We're go in. Recon mission" JJ said. "Yo, uh, so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself" JohnB said nervously. "Really" JJ asked. "What" JohnB asked. "Nothin"JJ answered then kissed my forehead.

" I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery"JohnB said. "Why does she have to be involved" Chey asked in a annoyed voice. "I just don't understand why we're involving her at all" Kie snapped. "Chey, Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's just, uh, like a business meeting. Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right! Plus we need the map" JohnB explained.

"Promise me and Chey that nothing's happening between you and her" Kie said. "Nothing is happening" JohnB said trying to convince Kie and Chey. "I'm being serious" Kie snapped. Chey and Kie both hate Sarah, Chey hates Sarah because of what she did to Kie.

"Okay" JohnB said. "This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise us nothing's happening between you guys" Kie said. "I promise" JohnB said. "That was really believable" JJ said now running his fingers through my hair. "Good try JohnB" I said snuggling more into JJ.

"A hundred percent believable" Pope said sarcastically. "JohnB, if there is something going on between you nd Sarah I will never talk to you again. I promise you that" Chey said, and all of us knew she was serious.

"Anyways, um, I'm gonna take care of business" JohnB said. "You're gonna take care of it so well" JJ said. "Have fun" I said looking at JohnB. "We'll just sit here in the hot ass car. While it's lightning" Pope said as JohnB got out of the van.

"Baby girl, why did you go home" JJ asked. "After you got arrested I ran to the chateau and cried for an hour, then I was going to change clothes but I didn't have any clean clothes so I went home. As I was leaving he walked in" I explained looking up at JJ. "I got one rule now. If you go home I go with you" JJ said. "Okay" I said. "I love you" JJ said cupping my cheeks. "I love you more JJ" I said kissing him. "You two are adorable" Chey said causing me and JJ to smile at each other.

JJ was tell me everything that happened after he got arrested. "Wait, do you guys hear that" Kie asked. "What" we all asked. "Please, somebody help" a girl screamed. "Oh, wait, no I hear that" JJ said helping me get off his lap. "Shit" Pope said as we all jump out of the van, running to the hawk's nest.

"Sarah! What happened" Pope asked yelling. When we finally get in front of Sarah, we see JohnB on the ground. "I don't know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him" Sarah cried. Chey dropped to her knees next to JohnB and started crying.

Kie stopped and started at Sarah hovering over JohnB. "Where the hell his he" JJ asked his voice full of angrier. "I'm gonna kick Topper's ass" I said as tears started streaming down my face. JohnB is like my brother. "Oh, please, please, please get help. I don't care who. Just call someone" Sarah begged.

"Pope. Go. Go" JJ told Pope. As Pope went to get help, I buried my head into JJ's chest as JJ wrapped his arms around me. "Pope, hurry" Kie screamed. "I can't loose JohnB, JJ. He's like my brother" I whispered to JJ. "I know baby girl. He's gonna be okay" JJ told me.

"JohnB, stay with me" Sarah said then kissed JohnB on his lips. Chey got up and ran into Kie's arms a cried harder. "Please don't leave me" Sarah said. "Pope, come on" JJ yells as he continues to hold and comfort me. After the ambulance came and got JohnB. Kie, Chey, and Pope went home, me and JJ went to the chateau.

When me and JJ finally get to the chateau, I sat down on the edge of the pull out couch, JJ walked into the bathroom and came out with a first aid kit. "That cut needs to be cleaned" JJ said getting on one knee in front of me.

"JJ, it's not that bad" I told JJ. "You don't have to act all tuff around me" JJ said kissing my hand. "Fine. It hurts like hell" I said causing JJ to chuckle. After JJ cleaned my wounds, we layed down.

JJ was laying on his back his arms wrapped around me. I layed my head on his chest. "Jay" I said softly. "Baby girl" JJ said. "I found a song that fits us perfectly. Can I show it to you" I asked picking my head up an looked at him. "Yeah" JJ said moving a strand of my hair out of my face.

I grabbed my phone, I went to YouTube music and typed in 'The Peak Of My Existence By: Jessica Mazin'.

"That is now are theme song" JJ said kissing my forehead. "I guess you like it then" I said giggling at JJ. "No, I love it. I love you Steph" JJ said. "I love you more Jay" I said then kissed him passionately. Then we fell asleep cuddling.