Chapter 14

Aegon "Alex" Targaryen

I walk towards our bed chamber to see how Daenerys is doing. She does not have many pregnancy symptoms, but occasionally she does throw up or feels a bit tired. I try to help her as much as possible to lessen the load. That is why I am currently going to her to see if I have to take over her duties.

As I open the door to our bed chamber, I see her laying in bed reading a book. I think I should perhaps write some of the things down I know of my world. Earth is certainly more advanced in many of the fields compared to this world.

"Dany, how are you feeling today? Can I get you anything?" I ask her as I walk towards her. Daenerys looks up and smiles as she sees me approach. "No, thank you, love. I have all I need here, and I can always ask Irri or Missandei if I need anything." I nod and sit next to her. "I know that, but I am still going to ask. Should I speak with the supplicants today or do you want to do it?" I ask her.

Daenerys sighs a bit. "I don't have the energy to deal with so many issues of other people. Could you do it today?" she asks. I place a kiss on her forehead. "Of course, you take it easy. Perhaps we can take a walk in the afternoon?" Daenerys smiles softly as she nods. "Sounds like a wonderful idea. I will see you soon," she says. "I hope so... there are sometimes more than a hundred people in line," I sighed. Daenerys chuckles.

"Well, I better get going. Why don't you think about our marriage ceremony? We need to plan something," I say and stand up from the bed. "Will do, good luck with the supplicants, love."

As I enter the throne room, I am met by the two knights and Missandei. The knights are there to protect Daenerys usually or me when I take over. At our room, at the top of the Pyramid, is a great number of Unsullied that is guarding every entrance. I don't think an assassin will assassinate us in our room, but I rather not risk it. Another thing that is now common is that people have been calling me 'Your Majesty' instead of 'my prince'. Daenerys officially named me king since we will marry soon. It was only a matter of time, but it still feels rather strange.

"Good morning, Barristan, Jorah, and Missandei. Daenerys is not feeling to well, so I will be taking over her duties for today," I greet them. "We will guard you as you speak to them, Your Majesty," Barristan says. "I'm thankful as always, Barristan. And to you as well, Missandei, for translating," I say as I sit down in the uncomfortable stone chair. "Of course, Your Majesty," Missandei smiles. "My god, this chair is uncomfortable," I mumble. Missandei chuckles and motions to the Unsullied to let the first one in.

From the entrance, a well-dressed man and what I think is a servant walk in. Missandei clear her throat slightly. "You stand before Aegon of House Targaryen, King of Meereen, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and the First Men, and Breaker of Chain." I may not be as many as Daenerys, but still, it was more than I had a year ago.

The servant bows and starts to speak in High Valyrian. "The noble Hizdahr zo Loraq begs for an audience with His Majesty," the servant says. "Has Hizdahr zo Loraq lost his voice that he has you speaking for him?" I ask in High Valyrian. "No, Your Majesty. I am only here to announce him. Hizdahr zo Loraq wishes to speak with you," the servant says. "Well, he has to wait. You asked for my attention first. Is there anything you want to discuss with me?" I ask him. Missandei glances in surprise at me but quickly resumes a neutral gaze. The knights say nothing as they stand behind me.

The man looks surprised as he blinks a few times. Hizdahr frowns slightly. "I-I have nothing to discuss with you, Your Grace," the man says. "Very well," I say and turn to Hizdahr. "Hizdahr zo Loraq, I meant no disrespect, but I do not tolerate showmanship. If you have something to discuss and say to me, you speak the words yourself. Not through someone else. How can I be of service?" I say to Hizdahr.