Chapter 36

Aegon Targaryen

I board Yara's ship that is anchored in the harbor. It is busy with activity as supplies are brought on the ship and crew return from their shore leave. I let out a breath as I feel free again. Being treated for such a long period is harsh. Staying in one room for days without much entertainment is rather soul draining.

"If it isn't Aegon! Welcome back to the land of the living," Yara greets me. I smile as I turn to look at her. "It's good to be back. What news do you have about Cersei?" I ask. Yara let's out a sigh and motions for me to follow. "Cersei is getting desperate. Olenna send word that an army is being gathered to take out the Reach. It will soon begin its march towards Highgarden," Yara informs me. This seems fishy. Why would she send her army to a place she knows she can't take.

"From where is this army coming from?" I ask. We walk in her cabin and settle down near a table with a map of Westeros. "Mainly the Westerlands, it seems. They will go down the Ocean Road," she says as she points it out on the map. "I don't understand. This is the most foolish thing you could do. Where did Olenna get her information?" I ask. "She did not say in her letter. What should we do?" Yara asks.

I sigh deeply. "If an army is coming our way, we need to cut it off. However, I don't trust this. She either found a way to convince Tyrell bannermen to overthrow house Tyrell, or she is completely insane." Yara runs a hand through her short hair. "We could scout it out first? I can send a few fast and agile ships to see what's happening, or you could fly there?" She suggests. Now that she mentioned it, but where is Viserion?

"What happened to Viserion? Is he okay?" I ask with worry. Yara smiles a bit. "He has been spotted outside of Old Town. Apparently he made himself comfortable near some hills. Barely left that place. Only a few times to hunt, from what I have heard." I let out a sigh of relief.

"That is a relief. If Viserion is able, I will fly. That is much faster than sailing there. Prepare to sail back to Dragonstone. If we want this war to end quickly, we need to take the capital. Taking Cersei captive would also be very useful. In the case there is a Lannister army on the move, we need to intercept. But lets figure out if this news is accurate," I explain. Yara nods as she processes it.

"Sounds good. I do have a present for you, Aegon. One you wil like, I think," she says with smile. "Oh? What is it?" I ask curiously. Yara walks to the other end of her room. It is close to her sword and other items used for battle. She moves some items away until a cloth covered stand is in view.

"It belonged to Euron. I am probably insane to give it to you, but you sacrificed and suffered much to give us another day in this world. It's only fair," she says and removes the cloth. On an amor stand, a black metal armor is sitting on it. One could see the ripples in the metal like waves on a sea. It resembles the metal my dagger is made off. The one that I have been carrying since I got to this world. I find it very similar to the fabled Damascus steel. "Yara, I don't know what to say..."

Yara chuckles as she pats me on the shoulder. "It's Valyrian Steel. The measters confirmed it," she says and sighs a little, "I would've loved to keep it, believe me. But it feels right that you should have it." This is such an honor. That armor is priceless. Equal to the wealth of several Kingdoms put together. "Yara, I don't know how to thank you... I'm honored," I say and hug her tightly. "Thank you."

Yara chuckles as she pats me on the back. "Alright, enough mushy bullshit. Put it on and see what is true about these rumors of a Lannister army." I smile and start preparing myself.

Daenerys Targaryen

I sit on one of the few balconies that actually has a somewhat nice view. The castle is grim and sometimes has a dark feeling to it, but it strangely feels comforting and pleasant. In my arms I have my newly born twins. Both sleeping comfortably in my embrace. Rhaella has been walking around like crazy as she explores the castle. It's cute and adorable. I do not want to control or restrict her in any way, but I still had Barristan and Jorah watching her. I trust them to keep her safe.

My view consists mostly of sea and the rocky hills of the island. The only place that resembles a bit of serenity is the garden. It is not as large as the one in Meereen, but at least it is pleasant to walk there. I take one deep breath and let it out before I walk back inside. The days I spent here were mainly used to recover from giving birth, but soon I will meet with the Dornish representative. They were delayed due to some storms, but will arrive within a few days.

As I lay the twins in their crib, I give them both a kiss on the forehead. This is bliss. I cannot describe the joy I feel from having Rhaella and the twins. I rather not name our son and daughter without Alex. However I do not have much choice as I do not know where he is. The lack of news regarding Alex has been eating at me. It results in sleepless nights and nightmares. I turn to the door as I hear someone knocking.

"Come in," I call out. The door opens and Tyrion walks in. "Your Grace," he greets me. "Tyrion, how is everything going? Any news?" I ask. He begins to smile as he holds out a letter. "It's from Aegon..." he barely says before I snatch the letter out of his hands. I quickly start to read the letter. What I do notice is that the first two words are... not really readable. It was also scratched before someone starts to write again. Strange.

Daenerys,

I hope you arrived safely on Dragonstone with everyone. There isn't a day or night that goes by that I do not feel lonely or that lessens the longing of my heart. I deeply miss you and Rhaella. I think it also includes our newborn child! Please forgive me for not being there. I hope you know I would do anything to be at your side to support you. Give him or her extra kisses for me. If you are worried about names, don't be. You can decide the name if it is a boy. If it is a girl, maybe Alyria? Sounds like a beautiful name to me and I hope it is Valyrian enough for you.

Please know that I am alive. I am wounded but recovering in the Citadel. You will probably be worried sick, but I am getting all the care I need. I hope that eliminates some of your worries. If all goes well, I should be home in a few months. I can't wait to hold you again, my love.

Always yours,

Alex

I smile brightly as I feel my eyes become watery. He is alive. That lifts such a heavy weight off my heart and shoulders. I had to reassure Rhealla every night that Alex is alive and coming home. It worried me that I was lying to her. I frown a little as I notice a second message at the bottom.

Your Grace,

I am Samwell Tarley, currently treating your lord-husband. He gave me his blessing to include this message and I hope you will consider my request. His Grace supports it and it would help against the dead. On Dragonstone, a large deposit of dragonglass can be found. It can be used to kill them and I hope you will allow Jon Snow, Lord Commander of The Night's Watch, to mine it. I hope you will allow us to mine and forge the material into weapons. Your lord-husband beliefs me that this is a wise course of action and I hope you will as well.

Samwell Tarley

I turn to Tyrion as he watches me with a smile. "Tyrion, I-I am so happy to read about Alex..." I pull him in a tight hug. I feel him tense up as he is probably shocked at the gesture. I barely do it to other people aside from my family, but this is a special occasion. "I'm glad it's good news, Your Grace," he says as he awkwardly pats me on the back. As I release him, I wipe some happy tears away. "Do you know of the dragonglass here on the island?" I ask.

He nods. "Some scouts reported about finding a cave with large deposits. Why?" I show him the letter. "Apparently it can be used against the dead. Start mining it immediately," I say. Tyrion nods as he walks out the room after he gave the letter back. I release a deep breath. A lot of tension as lifted from me knowing of Alex's survival. I walk back to the twins and start placing a few extra kisses on their heads. Just like Alex wanted. I agree, Alyria is beautiful name. I wanted to name our son Willem at first, but I now know of a better name. Felix. After the brother of Alex.