Chapter Thirteen

Sarah opened her eyes, fluttering her eyelids vividly. She blinked twice, or thrice, probably, to let the light of the day enter her vision. As everything around her stilled to a clear stop, she jerked up from the bed, the blanket sliding off of her body. She looked around, completely shell-shocked. It was a strange place, oh god, where the hell was she? Signing with an exasperated sigh, she saw that she was in a room, it wasn't a luxurious or ornate room, it was a simple one with cream coloured walls, and a bundle of simple wooden furniture. Most importantly, the place was clean and fragrant.

Her eyes fell on Ben, who was sleeping soundly on the resting hair, his eyes closed shut. His chair was exactly in front of the bed, and she got up, in a trance. She was still sleepy but she didn't know why she had an instinct to go closer to him and watch him sleep. He was a good person, and she had never seen such blatant goodness in a man, honestly. The only man she had known closely was her father, and that, in itself was a tragic thing.

She walked towards him, slowly, so as to not disturb his sleep. She stood a few inches away, hovering over him. His eyes fluttered once, and took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling in peace. The white shirt clung to him like it was meant for him, the white material slightly more light than his skin. His curly, auburn hair meted out in his head like a glorious thatch of messy curls and he looked like one of those teen jock heroes in a typical college romance, yet she knew he was a man, a matured one, on top of that. His glasses were set aside on the small table beside him, and his arms were crossed over his chest.

She looked at him, blinking her eyes. He had drove the car for twelve hours, and he must be so tired, she winced, feeling bad for him. He had bought her so many things to eat, she wasn't accustomed to all that. Her father barely gave her anything to eat, so she wasn't used to having continuous meals, especially, street food or outside food. She was so grateful to him. She stared at him, gosh, he was good-looking, kind of nerdy hot.

She put up her hand and placed it lightly on his neck, feeling the muscles of his chin clench under her touch. She compared her skin with his; hers was brown, a light wheatish tone of yellow, and his was as light and white as milk, and when she held her hand beside his crossed arms, she saw the stark difference, it was as if two different shades were held together. Though she wasn't dark-skinned, her skin was medium-light, still it was obviously darker than his.

Desire surfaced through her, overwhelming her in a passionate surge that coursed through her veins. Suddenly, there was a major pull that swung her into the chair, and exactly on his lap. He shifted in his seat, and then dozed off, again. She felt extremely uncomfortable, he held her wrist tightly as he snored softly, and continued shifting with discomfort of the chair. As many times as he shifted, she felt liquid electricity exactly in her core, as it met with his center too closely.

She sucked in a sharp breath, as a tingling pain settled at her core. She had to get away from him. This was too much. The moment she decided to get up from his lap forcefully, she looked at him sleeping. For some reason, it seemed awful to wake him up, so she sat there, holding her breath until her raging hormones grinded to a halt. She didn't know for how long she had sat there, but it was long enough.

After what it seemed like an eternity to her, she watched his eyes fluttering open, half-closed in a sleepy daze. The lashes hooded his eyes beautifully, and she sighed. "Wake up." She whispered, softly.

He took a deep breath from his mouth and opened his eyes in a snap as the realisation slapped him. "God, you--you're-"

Before he could complete the sentence and blame her for sitting on his lap at her own wish, she interrupted. "You--you pulled me on your lap....you were in a trance."

He nodded his head, massaging his head with his fingertips, "God, it's paining,"

Immediately acting on her urge, she jerked his hand away and then pushed her finger into his temple, rubbing it in a circular motion. "It's gonna be alright, yeah, just take deep breaths....relax."