Chapter Twenty Seven

Unknowingly a smile crept up her face, and Sarah couldn't help but stare into his guileless cognac eyes. He advanced towards her, walking abnormally fast and for a minute, she thought she was gonna faint with all the excitement that was pumping in her blood. She had sung the song out of a fit, because she loved to sing. And she knew by the look of everyone's face, she had sung well, and to be honest, surprised everyone. Including him.

He bridged the gap between them with two more huge strides and wound his as around her waist, kissing her on the mouth. His desire was so thick and heaving that it could easily be cut through a dagger. The more bewildering fact, however, was that she had never experienced something like this before; a man wanting her so much that it could so easily be felt and enjoyed. She wasn't an asexual, and no matter how quaintly her father had restricted her to behave sexually, she couldn't help it. She was into it, now.

Throwing caution to the wind, she let him invade her mouth in the most romantic way possible. Just like in cheesy, rom-com movies. The girl was shy, the boy overbearing, and when they met, sparks flew. She didn't know if literally any spark was flying past the tent, but in her heart, there was a wildfire, ready to be unleashed. She gripped at her shoulders to balance herself as he nibbled on her lips to get further access.

She opened up to him. Lord, it felt so nice. So, so wonderful.

Sure ending yourself to someone was scary. To her, it was utterly unimaginable considering how pathetic her father was and still is. But surrending to the right man was magical, beautiful, serene. Ben was a perfect example of a good man in every way possible. Though she wanted the kiss to go forever, they had to pull apart to breathe. She looked at him, her legs falling weak, and she would've definitely fell down if he didn't have his arms around her.

"W-what," She started but stopped, looking around to see that no one had noticed them. It was a large party, and everyone was concerned with having fun and talking. She was thankful no one saw.

"I want you." He said, and all the strength she had in her crumbled to dust.

"I-"

"See, I know you're asexual, and I'm so sorry for telling you this, and I know you don't feel anything but I had to, had to let it out. I wasn't--I wasn't able to rest. I had to tell you." He put his forehead against hers, mostly in a feeling of guilt and restlessness.

"Ben, I-"

"No, no, don't say anything. I'm----I'm so, so, so sorry for behaving like a pervert. Believe me, I'm not---I'm not." He jerked away from her, his face in a knot of discontent.

She wanted to tell him that she wanted him too. So much. But it was wrong. It would be absolutely disastrous if he knew she wasn't asexual. He would deem her a liar, and she wouldn't be able to accept that. She didn't know why. There was another reason, however. She was already feeling guilty about stealing those papers to give to her father. If Ben knew she was a woman with normal sexual appetite, it would be impossible for her to stay away from him. She would just melt into his strong arms. So as long as he knew she was asexual and kept a distance from her, she would be okay.

But was she okay? No. Was there distance between them? Recently, no.

He had kissed her so many times these past few days and all she could do was to respond back with equal vigour. And she couldn't even begin to think what would ensue between them if the lie of asexuality was disclosed. She shook her head, taking a few steps away from him. "Yes, I know. Don't worry, I'm not blaming you."

She was! In her secret heart of hearts, she was blaming him. For being too sweet, too considerate, too caring. Too everything, in fact. She had never felt this kind of wanton desire for any man, and now she was at the rock bottom of desire.