Chapter VI

The eagles glided in the evening sun, their brown feathers shining, they laid us gently one by one onto a high ledge, Thorin was the last. I had now turned to human and Kili supported me, my Pegasus soon landed and stood with us. I couldn't believe Kili wasn't scared of me, he still had feelings for me and it seemed like he accepted the beast with in me.

Thorin didn't come around till Gandalf said something to him and he woke up. He looked up to the Hobbit and then stood up. "What you did was stupid, but thank you" he said and hugged him.

We needed to find a camp so we then carried on and Kili rode with me on my Pegasus. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Fine" I reassured him.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were?" he quizzed me.

"Because my dear Kili, I didn't think you would love me anymore, and that I would frighten you away" I explained.

"Well I am still here am I not?" he asked.

"True" I answered and my Pegasus broke into a gallop and his wings unfolded and we then soared up into the sky, we flew above the company who saluted us as we passed. "Where are we heading?" Kili asked.

"Rivendell" I answered.

"The home of the elves!" he exclaimed.

"Yes" I answered.

"What about Legolas?" he asked.

"I can handle him, he doesn't know about the beast" I replied. "Besides its only so we can rest up and heal our wounds" I explained. "Thorin still isn't healed and besides I could with the rest as could my Pegasus" I told him.

With in a few hours and we were there, my Pegasus landed and I was greeted by Legolas. "Hello Abrax" he said.

"Legolas" I replied.

I dismounted my Pegasus, and I winced a little as I still had a broken leg. Legolas put his arm around me no matter how much I pulled away. "Come with me" he said taking me away from Kili.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"With me!" Legolas snarled. "She doesn't belong with you, she belongs with me" he said harshly and then wandered off with me but I told Kili telepathically that I loved him.

Legolas took her back to their old chambers where they used to spend time with each other. "Did you miss me?" he asked.

"No" I answered.

"Legolas I have changed since the last time you met me" I told him, I got up from the bed to walk out.

"Please at least let me heal your wounds" he compromised.

"Fine but after I go back to my company" I said.

"Agreed" He agreed. It was about half an hour later and my wounds were better than what they were, and I still hobbled around on my broken leg, but I was more than happy to see Kili and finally relax with him.

We both decided to explore and walk along the bridge of Rivendell. "I thought Legolas said you don't belong with me?" He asked me.

"Kili I am old enough to make my own decisions, you accepted me as the wolf I am, I know Legolas wouldn't and besides I like you" I told him truthfully.

"Fair enough" he replied, we came to an area where there was a waterfall and we both sat down on the stone, and watched as the water shone in the sunset, I moved closer to Kili and rested my head on his shoulder and intertwined my hand with his.

"I love you" Kili told me

"Kili, I love you too" I answered lifting my head from his shoulder and looking at him.

"I don't care if you're a shape shifting wolf, I love it, it's part of you and that's what makes you perfect" he said to me.

Before I knew what was happening Kili's lips touched mine, and I kissed him back, I could feel the sun shine on us as we kissed and it was almost as if it were a sign that we were to be together, my fingers buried in his long half up, half down brown hair, his stubble tickling my chin gently, his fingers soon found their way into my white hair but looked silver as it shone in the sun. I could feel Kili smiling under the kiss.

His fingers had moved to the quiver on my back, and began to unbuckle it at the shoulder and it slid off gently, but the arrows clanged as they hit the ground, some fell into the river below us others just rolled away.

"Get in there Kili!" Fili exclaimed.

"How long have you been there?" I asked turning around and shading my eyes from the sun.

"Long enough" He answered. I felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Kili asked his brother.

"Thorin wants to see us all" He replied. "I suggest you love birds make yourselves look presentable" he suggested. So I ran a hand through my hair and then buckled my quiver onto my back, Kili helped me to pick up my arrows that had strayed away.

"Lets go" I said smiling to myself, Kili held my hand and it was almost as if though he wasn't afraid of our differences.

"You wanted to see us?" I asked Thorin.

"Yes, we're not far from the mountain as it's about 1 days trek, but those of us who need rest make sure you get it, as you will need your strength" he said.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Thorin.

"Better, thank you" he replied.

We all sat together and had something to eat, but I stood on the rocky balcony over looking the city of Rivendell with my arms wrapped around my waist, not because I was cold, but because I was worried because as soon as they reach the mountain, that's the end of the road for me, but I have fallen in love.

Please vote and comment