Chapter XXXIII

Once all the plans were laid out Kili and returned to our chambers, I just slid my armour off and it made my shirt slip off my shoulder gently to reveal the scars on my back.

"Aw Abrax how did you get those scars on your back?" He quizzed me.

"Which ones?" I asked.

"The criss crossed ones?" He replied lifting my shirt up on my back, and pushing my hair over my shoulder.

"Remember the letter I sent you saying that I had been hurt by an old foe?" I questioned him.

"Yes" He nodded.

"Well he tortured me and he used a sword blade to cut in to my back" I told him, even though Kili was behind me, I could see his eyes were beginning to mist up again.

"Ohl Kili" I said swivelling around on the stall i was sat on and hugging him.

"I wish I was there for you" He said resting a hand on my cheek. "I hate knowing you're hurt" He added.

"Kili before I met you, I had been tortured many times from Orcs, Goblins, wizards, people. Elves and I hate to say it even Dwarves. My bones have been broken, my flesh has been torn many times. God Kili I was almost hung" I explained.

"Dwarves?" He inquired.

"Don't worry it wasn't the Durin line, if it was I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be married to you. It was a different breed of Dwarf, I was trying to complete a job one day and I was in their territory as I had to slay the giant boat which was running around and destroying farmers crops and to fight off the Orc army that was marching towards the city, all that done, the Dwarves grew suspicious.

They tracked me, caught me and then tortured me" I then stopped as the memory was too painful.

"What happened?" Kili prompted me to tell him the rest of the story.

"Kili I don't want to finish it" I said to him. "It's too painful" I told him looking at the floor.

"They slit her throat, not deep enough to kill her, they branded their mark into the back of her neck, they cut all her arms and stabbed her through the chest" Thorin said wandering in to our chambers and I soon began to cry.

"How do you know?" Kili asked.

"I was only a dwarfling at this point but I witnessed it and..." i cut him off.

"He rescued me" I said.

"You?" He asked his uncle.

"How old are you?" Kili asked me.

"I've been around a while" I replied. "I remember Thorin when you didn't have quite as much grey in your hair" I cheekily added.

"I remember when you stayed in the Blue Mountains with us for a few years and how you took care of my mother when she needed you" Thorin added. "I never understood why you did leave" he finished.

"Because I had a very important job to attend to, all those years of tracking Azog, I finally come across your company and then we end him together. Thorin I've seen you grow from a Dwarfling to a dwarf." I said, Kili just stared with his mouth wide open.

"But you look young!" Kili exclaimed.

"It's immortality" I told him, getting up off the stall and laying on the bed, Thorin left us and Kili soon joined me, he snuggled up to me hugging me.

"At least I know about the whole history with you and Thorin. Abrax I don't care I am just glad to have you back" He told me.

"Me too" I replied. It wasn't long till we dozed off but just before I did I heard someone scream but I just thought it was my imagination and I just slept. But I woke up to Kilis head slumping against my shoulders, I looked around and I didn't recognise where we were, till that foul smell hit me.

We were in an orcs lair, I am guessing they wanted revenge for us killing Azog, a half metal half flesh Orc stared at me with its yellow eyes. "The shapeshifter is awake!" It exclaimed.

I shook my head and I heard a deep voice calling telling the Orc to bring me to him, so my ropes were cut she Kili fell to the floor waking a little. I was wrenched up and I was taken away from Thorin, Fili and Kili.

I was taken to a ledge above the Dwarves, there standing in the shadows was the King of Gondor, I was thrown in front of him, forced to my knees. "You're in alliance with the Orcs!" I snarled shrugging the Orc off my arm.

"To destroy you, yes. Your reign is coming to its end" He said grasping a fistful of my hair and then knocking my head against a rock, before knocking me senseless.

Kilis pov

My head was pounding as if someone had knocked my head I the ground, but I was on my back on a hard rock floor, looking up at a rocky ceiling. My brother and Uncle were tied up a few metres away from me. "Abrax! Abrax!" I called desperately.

She didn't answer, but above me I saw her delicate hand hanging over the ledge, Orcs had surrounded us and soon restrained us, we were taken to very high ledge and we saw an army marching towards Erebor as were our forces.

"Watch as your city is destroyed!" An Orc laughed but then a King emerged.

"If its not the King of Gondor!" Thorin exclaimed.

"Did you really think that you could come marching into my palace and thought that you could declare war! Well you're going to watch as your kingdom is destroyed." He growled.

I heard a groan echo through the cave and I knew Abrax was alive.

Abrax's pov

I woke up and groaned a little as my head hurt and pressed my hand to my head, I looked below the ledge and Kili, Fili and Thorin were gone, but I heard their voices, I clambered onto the ledge above them and saw the Orc army destroying Erebor once again.

Please vote and comment