Chapter XXXXV

The riders dismounted and I rushed at them, but I had created a force field by using my magic so they couldn't touch me but I enchanted the blade of my sword and I reached the blade out of the force field and struck them and as soon as I did they exploded into a cloud of ebony dust, but their dark power began to break the force field down and my strength was dwindling, I was practically fighting on one knee while trying to keep the force field up, I noticed that my nose began bleeding and I could see four pairs of eyes staring at me, their eyes glowing a brighter white as they could see and feel I was getting weaker and weaker.

I felt a sharp pain in my back as I realised I had been stabbed all the way through my chest but it was with a normal blade so I would heal, it gave me time to gaze around and allowed me to notice I had killed five of the nine riders, so I had four left to tackle, one kicked me in the stomach which broke all my power and the field went down leaving me vulnerable, they kicked me in the stomach repeatedly hoping I wouldn't stand up again, so I turned into my wolf and my bones fused together allowing me to stand on all fours, I shook my armour off which fell on the floor with a clang and thud, I had enchanted my whole body so I was still lethal to the riders, I ran at one and we clashed, I bit into its throat and it squealed in a high pitch squeal under the grip of my paws and bite but it soon turned into dust and I was now standing on the floor.

Another attacked, slashing me across my face but also hitting me in the eye but not blinding me, but it was with an enchanted blade and it wouldn't heal, I pressed my paw to it and then looked at it. I let out a growl and pulled my lips over my teeth and my fangs shone in the setting sun, I then leapt up at the one who hit me and sunk my teeth into its neck its blood tasting awful but it soon dissipated into dust, there was two more left and I ran at one head butting it causing a bruise and a bit of blood dripped down my face, their skull was like metal but I then wrapped my paw around its throat and squeezed, it struggled against me and tried to break my grip but I soon chocked the life out of it and it turned into the dust at my feet.

 There was one left but it soon retreated and I turned back into human, I pressed my leather gloved hand to my cheek and noticed it was still bleeding, I lifted my shirt up and noticed that my stomach was beginning to turn black and blue and I winced in pain as I laid the chain mail vest back on my stomach, I know had to get to The Shire and meet the company once again, so I whistled and my Pegasus came galloping out to me and I mounted him and we flew to The Shire and with in two hours we were there. I could hear the cheer radiating from inside.

So I dismounted and then knocked on the door and Bilbo answered, he looked a lot older than when we last saw him. "Abrax you're here!" He exclaimed.

"Yes, wow its been a long time!" I replied.

"Come in please" He prompted me. "Do you want me to take your weapons?" Bilbo asked politely.

"Yes thanks" I said taking them off and handing them to him, and he put them somewhere for me, I was greeted by the company, and as Fili and Thorin hugged me, they both had smiles on their faces and I knew they were happy to see me alive and well, but I winced as my stomach was still tender.

"Where's Kili?" I asked.

"Resting in Bilbo's bed" Fili answered me.

"Can I get you anything?" Bilbo inquired.

"Ice" I replied. He just looked at me in a strange way so all I did was lift up my chain mail vest.

"Abrax!" I heard Fili exclaimed.

"Yes I got a little beaten" I answered.

"What were you fighting?" Thorin asked.

"Nazgul" I said.

"Here's your ice" Bilbo said handing me a goat skin bag which I pressed to my stomach and then went to see my Kili, who's clothing was wet with sweat, there was a seat next to his bed so I sat next to him in the chair. I brushed his dark hair out of his face and he began to stir.

"Abrax?" He asked.

"I am here" I said.

"Why is your hand cold?" He quizzed me.

"Because I have ice on my stomach" I answered.

"Why?" He panicked sitting up.

"I was beaten" I replied, I noticed he was looking at me.

"What happened to your face?" He panicked.

"Its just a scratch"  I said trying to reassure him. "Kili no more talk, sleep and I need to join the others as Bilbo wants to introduce me to some Hobbits" I told him kissing his head.

"No don't leave" He said not letting my hand go.

"Ohl Kili I'll be back" I said to him. So I got up and Bilbo introduced me to Sam, Merry, Pippin and Frodo.

"Nice to meet you" I said swapping my hands on holding the ice to shake their hands.

"The Abrax we've heard about?" Frodo quizzed me.

"Yes" I nodded.

"I am guessing you were on one of your jobs tonight" Pippin stated.

"Yes" I answered.

"What were you fighting?" Sam repeated what Thorin asked. 

"Nazgul" I answered.

"Abrax you're aware your face is bleeding aren't you?" Fili asked.

"I thought it stopped" I replied.

So Bilbo got me a bowl of water and a cloth, and as Kili was resting, Fili took care of the cut on my face, and on my head. I hissed a little as it was sore and he couldn't do anything else except apologise. "Did they use an enchanted blade because its almost like they've burnt your flesh?" Fili asked.

"Yes" I answered. I talked to the Hobbits for most of the night and I told them about our adventures, Azog and The Battle Of The Five Armies and how I saved Kilis, Filis and Thorin's lives. "I think you're the bravest shape shifter we've met." Frodo said.

"I am the only one, you've met" I replied.

"What do you mean?" Merry inquired.

"I am the only one of my kind" I answered.

"How did that come about?" Pippin asked.

"I had a faulty gene with in my DNA which fused itself to my body and later on that gene turned into a wolf gene and allowed me to shape shift as it must've been passed down by ancestors and only took effect on me" I explained trying to find a logical explanation.   

"Aw I am sorry to hear that" Frodo said to me.

"Can we see your scars from the spiders  of Mordor?" Pippin asked.

"Sure" I replied rolling up my sleeves, and showed them the scars.

"Wow!" They said and they all gasped.

"Here's a tea for you" Bilbo said and set it down next to me. "Its herbal, Oin gave it to me for your injuries" He explained.

"Thank you" I replied.

"How's Kili?" I asked.

"Still battling the fever" Bilbo answered.

Please vote and comment