Chapter XXXXI

Abraxs pov

I couldn't believe that Kili came all the way from Erebor with his brother. I turned over on the bed so I was facing him, he then asked me a question that I wouldn't have thought he would need to ask me. "Why did you want to court and marry me, I don't even have a beard and you could've have courted Fili as he has a better beard than me?"

"Ohl Kili." I began, and rested my hand on his cheek and I felt him lean his head into my touch. "Kili you're perfect in your own way, and besides you're stubble is hot" I reassured him. "You shouldn't worry about what people say, Kili. You showed your worth in the last battle, so people should show respect, it doesn't matter, I love you for you and not how you look" I explained to him, he kissed my forehead, he stayed with me while my wounds healed, Kili never left my side even if Fili insisted that he would take turns with him to take care of me.

I was soon up and walking around, but my body was scarred. Kili comforted me, and one evening we had borrowed two gypsy vanners from Beorn and went for a canter across the fields, we were just gazing over the valley when Kili turned to me and said "Thorin was proud of what you did to Thranduil, and he now offers you to return to Erebor, he said that he was stupid and knows we lost the baby because of his actions"

"Whoa, I thought Thorin never wanted me to return" I replied.

"Well its probably because we need you to lead the army, as we have Thranduil and Gondor attacking us" He told me.

"Well I am surprised Thranduil is still alive after the injuries I inflicted upon him" I snarled at saying his name.

"You know he regrets sending you away" Kili added.

"So it costs our babies life for him to realise that" I growled.

"Do you accept, as I need you by my side?" Kili prompted me.

"Kili I accept anything to get me home again" I replied.

"You're sure you're ready?" He quizzed me.

"Yes" I nodded. So that evening we thanked Beorn for his hospitality, and I thanked him for healing my wounds, we then galloped back to Erebor. Fili and Kili watching me intently to make sure I was okay, we soon reached Erebor and I was greeted by Thorin, I dismounted and didn't say a word, I walked to mine and Kilis chambers where I threw my armour off and got changed into my leather clothes, I was just buckling the sword around my now empty stomach when Thorin came in.

"I am sorry, my judgement was poor" He apologised to me. I just barged past him, knocking shoulders with him. I walked to Kili and Fili who were with their mother, and I just hugged Kili to me. He began to cry as did I, this was the first time since we had been together that we grieved for the loss of our child.

"Kili I failed you" I sobbed.

"No you didn't" He answered.

"But I couldn't even protect our own child" I reminded him.

"That wasn't your fault" He stated.

"Perhaps Kili, is better f I leave, you can always find another being to settle down with, you wont have to worry about them being killed, and they can provide a child for you. You can live a normal life and be happy. Kili I cant, my life has never been normal and it never will be" I explained. My crystal tears dripped onto Kilis dark mane and he only hugged me tighter.

"No Abrax, I knew all that when I married you, you make me happy. You're my world and we can always try again for a baby" He said, then pecking me on the cheek.

Fili and Dis both had tears in their eyes. "Abrax have you hunted?" Fili asked.

"No why?" I quizzed him.

"Because you're looking a little too thin, than when we last saw you" Dis commented. I looked at Kili and he nodded in agreement. I didn't care and neither did the wolf, Kili didn't hassle me into hunting as he knew I was grieving instead we both went to our chambers where we both laid on the bed together, my head laying on his chest and I could hear his heart beat which was very comforting.

"Abrax they're right, its like a skeleton is laying with me" He said as concerned as he could sound.

"I know" I answered. I don't think Kili realised but his hand was resting on my stomach, but if he didn't then he must've done it subconsciously as he must be missing the baby as much as I am, it wasn't long till Kili and I both slept, a few hours later I woke up with a start and one of my arms had changed into my wolf arm and my eyes were glowing yellow as I caught myself in the mirror, I looked out of the window and it was thundering and raining out, I could smell blood and when I looked around I noticed Kilis arm. 'Ohl god, I've hurt my husband' I thought, I was surprised Kili didn't stir but I got to work about healing him, I bit my wrist and squeezed my blood over his wound that healed.

Then I padded through the mountain and outside to the courtyard where I stood by the gates looking over at the barren landscape, wondering what Bilbo would be doing now and wondering if he was thinking about us, but he didn't even know I was pregnant and that we were going to call the baby Bilbo but then my thoughts were interrupted by Thorin. "Abrax what are you doing out here, you're going to get soaked, come back inside" He told me.

I looked at him and was about to changed when he yelled "No you're not" So he took me back inside wrapping his coat around my shoulders, as I was shivering and I was huddled by the great fire.

Please vote and comment