Chapter XXXXII

I was still shivering but I could tell by Thorin's look that he was concerned. "What's going on with you? You're making everyone worry" He quizzed me.

"There's a lot on my mind at the moment" I answered.

"Like?" Thorin inquired.

"Ohl I don't know that there's two armies advancing towards Erebor because of me" I replied, my ears suddenly caught something and it was the clang of armour outside.

"Thorin they're here, we're under attack" I said then I threw off his coat and turned into my wolf form, we both padded out to the balcony and what do you know, there stood Thranduil and Boromir with both their armies.

"Thorin hand over the wolf and no blood will need to be shed" Thranduil said.

"That's not going to happen, so I propose a duel between Thranduil and Abrax" Boromir suggested.

"I accept" I replied.

"The winner decides the fate of the loser" Thorin said.

"Leave Kili out of this, its just between us" I said resting my paw on his shoulder, so I turned around and then began to make my way down for once I wasn't afraid, I was excited as I knew I could win and I had the advantage as I could see Thranduil wasn't quite healed which made him weak and he had no chance. I physicked myself up, my lips lifting up over my teeth and my nose wrinkling into a snarl, my eyes grew a brighter yellow than they were before, a growl ripped through me. Thranduil had dismounted and he already had his sword ready.

I reared up and let out a roar before falling back onto my forepaws, I circled around Thranduil and I could tell I was making him feel uneasy and nervous, I looked up to Thorin and I could tell he was worried but I bowed to him in reassurance as did Thranduil who swung his blade at me but missed as I jumped out of the way, I grabbed a hold of his sword wrist and sunk my teeth in to it, making him cry out and blood explode into my mouth and onto my fur.

"I am surprised no one has wrenched your teeth out!" He exclaimed as I let go and landed on my paws, I pined my ears against my neck and then roared at him, I jumped into the air but he ran a spear through my shoulder causing me to pine, but I snapped off the shaft and left the head buried deep in my shoulder, it hurt to land on it and using my strong tail I tripped Thranduil up and then he fell, I crawled onto his torso and I was hovering above his throat, threatening to rip it out, but he had picked up a rock and began to pound my head with it, till blood was cascading down my head, so I dug my claws into his chest once again and then dragged them down his torso as I had already weakened his armour.

He began to beg me to stop but I just ignored him, Boromir was to be the judge of this spectacle and I then with drew my claws before smashing Thranduils head on the ground rendering him senseless or so I thought and a pool of blood collecting around his head, I then turned mine to the side and spat blood to the side, my shoulder was soon to give out and it did. "Is he dead?" I asked, Boromir felt for a pulse.

"No" He said, but I hadn't knocked Thranduil out as I thought I had as he had got up quietly so I wouldn't hear him and again he knocked me on the head with the rock, but I soon returned the hit even though I was dazed and ready to collapse as I again pushed him to the ground and with a sickening thud I threw his torso against the floor and again his head hit the ground, this time he didn't get up.

"I win" I growled, then I looked around at the armies staring at me they were shrinking away from me as if they were frightened after they witnessed what I just did, their armour creaking in fear. Thorin gave the orders as I could barely stand, let alone speak.

"You all are banished from Erebor to never return and take that cowardly king with you" He ordered, once again my shoulder gave out and once again I was laying in a puddle of my blood, my vision was beginning to get blurred from being hit with the rock and my hearing muffled. Thorin had ran to me and I felt him wrench the spear head out of my shoulder making me howl. "Abrax?" He called over and over but I was slipping into the dark path of unconsciousness till I could no longer hear him.

I wake up to pain, but the scent of burning herbs and someone was calling my name, it was a desperate and pleading voice, a voice full of tears and it wasn't Thorin. It then dawned up on me it was Kili after I asked him to be left out of this, but my wounds didn't heal. What kind of blade was Thranduil using? As it rendered my healing ability useless. "What were you thinking taking on Thranduil?" He quizzed me.

"I...won... did... I not" I coughed.

"Here" Kili said handing me a glass of water from the bedside table next to me, which I took and it made my throat less dry. "You do realise you've been out for four days don't you?" He inquired.

"No" I panicked.

"Well Thranduil must've hit you pretty hard as you were passed out when Thorin bought you in and I was the first person to be told" He explained.

"I cant believe Thorin would be able to carry me" I stated.

"You had changed into human when Thorin bought you to Oin" He answered.

"You were in pretty bad shape" Oin told me as he began to undo the bandage around my shoulder as my blood had seeped through it again. "I don't understand why it keeps bleeding" he added as he undid it and then cut through the stitches on my shoulder with a knife making me wince in pain, before pulling my flesh open to examine the wound, I grabbed Kilis hand and I tried to concentrate on something while Oin sorted the problem out. But it was no use the pain was excruciating and I couldn't stop screaming.

I could see in Kilis eyes that this hurt him more to see me in pain. "Abrax look at me , keep your eyes on me" Kili said to me.

"Ar I see it there's a piece of the spear head still buried in your shoulder" He told me. "Its going to have to come out" Oin insisted. Kili squeezed my hand tighter.

"Do it" I answered.

"Are you sure?" He quizzed me. I nodded taking a deep breath in.

"Kili hold her down" Oin told him. So Kili got up and held my torso down, then Oin wrenched the rest of the spear head from my shoulder, I had tensed my whole body which made it all the more painful.

"Kili get her to relax" Oin told him.

So Kili began to talk to me and he rubbed one of my arms gently in a reassuring way and I soon relaxed it again. "And its out" Oin told me, then stitched up the wound and bandaged it up again. "You let go now Kili" He told him, so Kili sat by my side again, once done Oin left us.

"Well done, my brave one" He said kissing my head.

Please vote and comment