Chapter XXXV

Thranduil took me back to Mirkwood with him, Kili accompanying us. Thranduils great Elk rode in front of us and Kili sat astride my Pegasus, hugging my torso tightly. His head rested on my back, but I was worried his hair would get caught in the buckle of my quiver, I felt his head slump more as he fell asleep but I gently tied his hands around my waist so he wouldn't fall off, and his feet were rested in the saddle fitted on Hercules.

We soon came to Mirkwood, I woke Kili up and I cut his hands free, and he dismounted, then so did I. An elf took my Pegasus to the stable, while I was shown to the area where I was to be helping the elves with questioning. It was a huge hall there was a chain attached to a wall with a metal collar attached to it, and in the middle with his wrists chained down was the Orc, there were four viewing galleries one facing the Orc, the other behind and two on the other side.

"You see, you will be chained here and the chain will allow you to get close to the filth to frighten it, but not as though to touch it. But however from the other side we can feed more chain through so when we grow tired of its games, you may kill it in any way you wish" Thranduil told me.

"When is the questioning taking place?" I asked.

"Tonight, at midnight" He answered.

"I suggest you get some rest" Legolas advised me. So Kili and I were led to our chambers, then left alone and we both began to take our weapons off and put them on the desk.

"You know you don't have to do this" He stated sitting down on the bed.

"Kili I know you want to go back to Erebor but we're here now and besides, the wolf is angry with itself for attacking Fili and I can feel it, it wants to break free any second" I replied. 

"But you don't like setting the wolf free!" He reminded me.

"Kili sometimes I have to" I replied kissing his cheek softly and reassuring him.

"You do know I'll be watching" He reminded me.

"Of course I know" I replied, I tried sleeping but my dreams were being haunted of the wolf killing the Orc, I woke with a start and I got up not waking Kili and I paced up and down the room, trying to get the wolf under control.

"Abrax come back to bed, you need your rest and strength" Kili told me.

"I can't. The wolf tortures me with visions of what its going to do if it gets close to the Orc and if Thranduil lets me loose on it" I replied. Legolas soon appeared at our door and I knew now that I needed to scare the Orc into answering questions. I was lead into the chambers with Legolas while Kili, Thranduil and Tauriel stood on the balcony above me, so they faced the Orc and I saw those familiar chains hanging on the wall.

"You're not very frightening!" The Orc exclaimed. "I wont talk!" He added.

"You will, when you see what I  really  am" I smiled, so Legolas put the collar around my neck, it was a bit big but once I was in wolf form, it would choke me. The clock stroke midnight, the wolf was beginning to stir. I closed my eyes and I took in a deep breath and once I opened them I was looking through the eyes of the wolf and the Orc as stood stock-still with fear.

'Think I am frightening now?' I quizzed it telepathically. It only nodded slowly, the beast began to thrash and tried to claw at the Orc, it tried to move back but the chains held it fast, the collar began to not only choke the beast but me also as it pulled and writhed under the hold of the chain, I noticed Kili had walked around so he was facing me and the Orc had his back to him.

"Thranduil give her some more chain she's being chocked" He ordered and he did, both the beast and I were relieved, but the beast still couldn't tear into the Orc.

"Why were you on our borders?" Thranduil asked it.

"I wont tell you" It answered, so my chain was lengthened and I was so close to the Orc the beast could smell its scent, I could just catch the point of my claws on its armour, and Thranduil must have noticed because my chain was then pulled back in again causing the beast to pull against it and began to choke us again, I could feel the tension of the chain on the collar and the elves holding it on the other side of the wall. Deep down Thranduil knew I was stronger than the elves, one false mood and I would be ripping the chain from their hands and the wall.

Kili and the beast locked their gazes together and Kili understood the beasts intentions, I struggled to try and take over as the beast was too strong,  Thranduil asked a few more questions and the Orc remained silent, I got closer and closer, the Orc began to sweat fear and its lips soon loosened and told him Thranduil and the elves everything, then the Orc finally refused to speak. Thranduil nodded and clicked his fingers, the chain loosened around my neck as I was given more and more, I then charged at the Orc pushing it to the ground, it fought as hard as it could but with pleasure the beast tore into the Orcs body.

Thranduil had left but Kili stood and stared in horror as I tore the Orc apart, all that could be heard was the sickening cry of me crunching through its bones and the squelching of its flesh as I peeled  back the flesh from the bone.

Please vote and comment