Chapter XXVIII

Today was the day that Thorin was to be crowned King, and the day I was leaving, Kili was still and distraught. I had tried all I could that night to comfort him but he just wouldn't calm down, he didn't want me to leave. So Kili helped me strap my armour on and clasped the wolf cloak on my shoulders and gave me my horse helmet. He barely said anything to me. The ceremony began in the morning, Kili stood on the right hand side of Thorin and Fili on the left while I stood next to Kili.

I took a deep breath in as it had been rumoured I had been dead for years and I had no idea how they were going to react, but hordes, Dwarves, people and elves were gathered, at first they gasped once they saw me but soon cheered. Thranduil would be announcing their new King but I would be the one placing the crown on Thorin's head. I was nervous and I just rested my hand on my sword as it was the only thing that stopped my mind from wandering and worrying about leaving Kili. So the ceremony began.

"My dear beings you have seen may Kings crowned here, and a new age has come upon us to welcome a new King, so bow down to Thorin Oakenshield" Thranduil finished,I was given the crown and I placed it on his head gently.

"Hail your new King" Thranduil announced and we all bowed, then I left their sides as I was no longer needed, but I carried on with the preparations for leaving tonight, I was hidden away in my chambers but there was a great feast in the main hall, Thorin didn't know I was leaving and that was the way I wanted to keep it. Kili had snuck into the room and he thought I didn't hear him, but I heard the thud of his boots from when he was in the corridor.

"Abrax please, you don't have to go on every job that prevents himself" He begged.

"Kili I wish that was true but I have no choice, yes I may be the protector of Erebor but my dear I have to leave" I said kissing his cheek.

"I want to to give you something" He said, sitting me down on the stall in front of the dressing table, he opened the draw and inside was a black and red ribbon.

"It's beautiful" I stated and he braided it into my hair as he redid my braids and he put his beads in again, then I swivelled around on the stall and in his hand he held a stone with runes on.

"If I give you this, promise me you will come back to me, my love" He said.

"Yes" I said kissing his lips.

"Your Pegasus is ready and night has fallen" Fili said wandering in.

"Thank you" I said.

The two brothers followed me outside, Hercules had his head hung low, I knew he didn't want to leave as much as I didn't.

Kili began to cry and his tears fell like a waterfall, staining his cheeks. "You'll be alright" I said wrapping him up in a hug. "You'll be safe and sound here" I reminded him.

"But you won't be and every moment you're out there, I won't stop worrying" He said looking up at me.

"Kili, my love I've been trained for this, I will be fine" I reassured him.

His tears were streaming down his face, "but I will be alone with out you" he detested.

"No you won't you've got your brother" I reminded him brushing his tears from his face.

I looked at Fili and I nodded. I gave Kili one last long kiss, tangling my fingers into his soft long mane, but I then pulled myself away from him. "Kili close your eyes" I told him and I then put a sleeping enchantment on him and he fell into his brothers arms. Q

"Kili I love you" I said kissing his cheek. "He'll be awake in half an hour, it gives me enough time to leave" I told him, and I thought I could see a tear in his brothers eye.

"Please promise you will return" Fili repeated.

"I will try" I answered resting my hand on his shoulder and my arm along his as he did the same thing and we nodded to one another, but then I could hear Thorins boots clattering towards us.

"Go" He said rushing me onto my beast, we gave Erebor and my Kili one last look and then flew up into the sky.

"Take care of Kili" I yelled back to him.

"I will" Fili shouted back at me.

The night was cold and Gondor was along flight, but we had the energy, my Pegasus began to neigh and whinny as he was frightened.

"What's up boy?" I asked, before I knew what happened we were plummeting to the earth, he hit the ground with a thud and rolled over bouncing on the ground till we hit a tree, I saw the arrow in Hercules' wing, he neighed in pain and he was a few metres away from me, someone trod on my knee sending a sharp searing pain through my leg causing me to scream out loud ad they broke it, the person did it to my other one, I couldn't hear Hercules anymore and I noticed his head was now on the ground, I was dragged up and so was Hercules.

I tried not to cry, but my hands were bound and I was soon strung up by my wrists. There were four shady figures and I couldn't work out who they were.

"Remember me?" A husky voiced asked me, as it was whispered into my ear.

Please vote and comment