Chapter XXVII

The next day the Dwarves and I were heading to Erebor as the palace was ready to be moved into once again. The whole company was smiling especially Thorin, the statues had been fixed, and new doors had been put onto the front of the mountain.

The floor was stained with gold as they must've used it on Smaug, but Thorins throne was still sat perfectly, we moved all our belongings in to each of our own chambers, as I walked the corridor I saw my memorial, there were candles and flowers around it.

I walked into mine and Kilis chambers, it was beautiful, it had a black marbled floor, a bathing room, it had a dressing table, the Lichen light our room as it glowed dimly, there was a place that we could rest our weapons on, there was a four posted bed in the middle with satin sheets, as I turned the corner of the room there stood a suite of armour for me when I was in wolf form and Kilis standing next to.

I noticed there was lace and beads laying on the dressing table, to show Kili was now a prince and was important. By the evening we were all moved in and happy, while the Dwarves dined, I went exploring and I went right to the heart of the mountain where the red lava flows in a fiery river. I noticed there were symbols scratched into the wall, so I looked at them, my fingers tracing each symbol. Kili had taught me how to read the Dwarven symbols.

'Here laid to rest...' I read but the rest had been faded by time. I was in a cemetery, thank god I would never live to see Kili or Fili down here, I then walked along a bit more and I saw a tomb carved into the wall with the body of Thror encased with in. So I decided to pad up the stairs and I passed Balin on the steps.

"I've been looking for you lass" He commented.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yes Thorin needs to speak to you" He answered.

"What does he want, its about his coronation of becoming a King again" He told me, then led me to him, he was in chambers and was just slipping his chest plate off from his armour but he had a shirt on underneath.

"Ar there's my warrior" He said. "My coronation is tomorrow and I was wondering if you would present me with the crown and crown me?" He asked.

"Thorin I would be honoured" I replied.

"You do know that Dwarves are travelling from all over middle earth to be here tomorrow, and the people of Dale. I wanted to present you alive instead of dead, so they know their saviour, my warrior is back" He explained.

"Fine, but the helmet stays on as I don't want my identity known" I told him.

"Or you could be in wolf form" He suggested.

I just nodded and soon took my leave, I turned into my wolf and stalked back to my room, where Kili was just laying his sword down on the holder. "You okay?" He asked noticing my ears had flopped down, and my eyes looked sad. I nodded turning back into human, I sat on the bed and Kili sat with me.

"I visited the tombs and I saw yours, Filis and Thorin's graves already there for you, and the sad thing is you wont ever be laid in it, Thorin doesn't have many years left on him, I want to help you all stay together but he wont allow me to turn him immortal" I explained blinking back my tears.

"Here if that's what will make you happy, I'll do it" He said grabbing a jewelled chalice and held it under her wrist, so she bit it and a few drops blood dribbled out, then she wrapped the bleeding wound and Kili left, but didn't come back for around half an hour, but there was a letter on the dressing table and it was asking her to do another job. But this was from the King of Gondor.

'Dear Abrax

I've heard of your talents and the way you deal with problems, I need you to ride to my palace as soon as the coronation for your King is over as I have a situation, I need to discuss with you.

Yours sincerely

The King Of Gondor'

I just sighed and then laid back on the bed running my fingers through my hair. "That was a big sigh!" Kili exclaimed.

"Is it done?" I asked impatiently.

"Yes" Kili nodded jumping on the bed next to me. Without a word I handed him the letter and he read it through allowed.

"You've got to be kidding me, Thorin wont be happy" He said. But I got up and then began to pack my weapons up.

"But you can't leave, we've only been married a day" He begged me standing in my way.

"Kili, my dear. My job consists of me leaving when I have to. I have no permanent residence. Even here with you. But I promise I will come back to you and I will send you weapons of the enemies I kill just to prove that fact to you" I said brushing a tear from his cheek, but deep down I had that feeling that I was never going to see Erebor or Kili again.

"Look as soon as Thorin is crowned and the night falls, I am leaving. Kili I am sorry I have no choice" I said kissing his head. I whistled for Hercules who flew my weapons down to the entrance and I then strapped his armour on for him, so he was ready.

"But I will miss you" He pined.

"And I you" I answered, Kili had got himself in a state and I hated seeing my Kili like this, he made me feel so guilty but it was my job and I couldn't refuse, I didn't choose this job, this job chose me!

Please vote and comment