Chapter XXXXXVI

We soon returned to the palace as our time with the hobbits was up, we had a proper goodbye this time.

Once home which took a few days I had collapsed on the bed with Kili, his head leaning on my baby bump, "I can't wait till he or she are born" He said to me.

"Me neither" I answered. "But please don't be alarmed if the baby is born a wolf puppy as that would just be the shapeshifter gene" I replied.

6 months later...

I was about to go and fight in a battle with my husband, but that was when my water broke. "Ohl god the babies coming!" I exclaimed. I managed to make it to my chambers, where I sent after a female healer to help deliver the baby, what perfect timing, my armour was removed.

"Relax" The healer told me, but it was kind of difficult since I was in pain and I don't think Kili knew his child was being born as he was fighting in battle. "Abrax you need to breathe" The healer told me.

Within a few hours of pain a baby boy was born, but a human baby meaning I was still the only shapeshifter of my kind. The only problem his father hadn't returned yet, I was worried something happened to him. I was too weak to move from bringing our son into the world.

So I sent one of my maids to go check on my husband, the only way I would see Kili, is in my wolf form as it is my strongest form, the worst thing I knew was that winter was coming and that was the time when I had to leave, so I wouldn't really see my baby for the first 6 months of his life.

"Kili is in the infirmary and he wishes to see you" She answered. "Did you tell him about his son?" I inquired.

"No, he was in agony" She answered.

"Here hold my child" I said transferring him over and then turning into my wolf and trotting down the hall lof the great mountain still feeling tired and exhausted. I came to the infirmary where I saw my husband and he recognised me straight away.

I looked at my Kili and his leg was broken, his stomach had been slit open but was wrapped in bandages, and he had a gash on his head.

'You're a father' I said telepathically.

"I am" He wheezed.

'You have a son' I said.

"I do?" He asked.

'Yes' I nodded. I could see Kili was in pain so I bit into my wrist and then held it to Kili who took it and put it to his lips and drank my blood which healed him, as it seemed like when I gave Kili the gift of immortality the healing different transfer.

'Kili I am going to have to leave soon' I told him stroking his face gently with my claws.

"What but you need to stay here and take care of our son" He said.

'I know but remember I said once our son is born I have to leave' I reminded him. '6 months is all it is, then I'll be back' I answered.

"Abrax you need to leave tonight, I have received a letter from Legolas as he wants to meet you as he has someone he wants to meet you" Thorin told me.

'Take care of Frerin' I said to Kili, I soon shrunk down into my human form and I kissed his cheek. "I love you" I finished.

"Abrax please" Kili begged me.

"I can't, I've already made you a deal and I must honour it" I answered. "I'll be back soon. Just remember I love you" I finished, then walked to my chambers where I began strapping my weapons on, I tied my hair in to a ribbon, I walked to the outside of the mountain, Fili and Thorin were waiting for me, both wrapped in bandages.

I whistled and my Pegasus came to me, I rubbed his nose, I said goodbye to both Fili and Thorin before flying up into the sky, I flew straight to Rivendell where I landed and wandered in.

"Ar my dear you're here" I heard a familiar voice that sounded like Thranduil, so I rested my hand on my sword aged changed my eye colour to yellow.

"I am not here to hurt you" He said.

As I noticed it was Legolas, a tall man dressed in leather, with a cloak, long dark hair, stubble and kind eyes, a sword was buckled around his waist and he just stared at me.

"Aragon meet Abrax Durin" Legolas introduced us.

Please vote and comment