Chapter XXVI

There was a great feast laid out for us, and wine was also laid out for us. Bilbo waltzed up to us in the hall. "Congratulations" He said.

"Thank you" Kili replied.

"Listen, Bilbo I am sorry for what happened..." But he cut me off.

"Abrax listen don't worry I understood what you wrote in that letter perfectly" He said taking my hands in his, but he slipped a note into my hand, then turned to Kili.

"Perhaps after the celebrations, you could all come to the shire, and visit me I have some hobbits who really want to meet you" He chattered excitedly.

"We'll see, because Kili will be by the side of his uncle, while I'll be off doing my job" I said.

"Okay, I must depart for the Shire" He said.

"Bilbo if you want a faster ride you're welcome to take Hercules as long as he comes back in one piece" I offered.

"Okay thank you" he replied. Then Fili strutted over resting a hand on my shoulder and a hand on his brothers.

"So what's it like being married to my brother?" He quizzed me. I could tell he was drink for the fact that my great sense of smell picked up the wine in his breath.

"Interesting" I answered. Then Kili began to chat to his brother and I then opened the note while Kili spoke with his brother.

'My lady

I have your payment, come meet me, at the entrance.

Bard'

SoI snuck out with out Kili noticing but I was caught by Thorins keen eye. I walked out to the entrance and there stood Bard with his children.

"Bard" I called, running to him and hugging him.

"I am so glad you're okay, I panicked as I saw what the Wargs did to you, but here's your payment, you did a good job, we've had no further disturbances since" He told me, then handed me my money he owed me for the job.

"Thank you for saving us" His children thanked me.

"You're welcome" I answered.

He was about to walk away when I said "come, join in with the celebrations" I offered catching his arm.

"No, no I can't. I haven't been invited" He reminded me.

"Well you are now, all of you" I said.

Thorin walked out of the shadows. "Bard I would accept the offer, never refuse an invitation from someone as royal as her" He persuaded him. 'I was royal now?' I thought, so he gave in and walked in following us.

Kili just gazed over and then went back to his conversation, once I felt Bard and his children were comfortable and mingling with the crowd, I then joined my husband again, linking my arm with his. "Thranduil was just telling me how bad a state you were when you arrived back this morning" Kili told me.

"I am pretty sure you didn't need to know that" I said to him but glaring at Thranduil. "Well I need to know what happened because you could've died" He said reassuring me.

It was then time for our first dance, so Kili gently took my hand and led me into the hall, he put one arm on my back and the other linked with my hand and my hand resting on his back, we just swayed gently to the music being played by the Elven band, once it was over I curtsied to him and he bowed to me.

We walked out into the courtyard and Gandalf performed his famous fireworks while we stood and watched. The great bell in the great hall rung telling everyone it was midnight. So they departed. Kili, Thorin and I saw everyone out and then retired to our chambers.

I was sat at the dressing table taking my jewellery off and taking my hair out of their braids. When I asked "Kili did Thorin tell you?"

"Tell me what?" He inquired slipping his shirt off to reveal his well built but scarred body.

"The battle of Moria, where his grandfather was killed?" I quizzed him.

"No" He replied quickly with a twinkle of panick in his eye.

I took a deep breath and said "Kili I was there, I helped the army fight Azog The Defiler. I saw his grandfather decapitated and the head rolling to his feet, but I fought in human form back then, I only used the wolf when I needed to" I explained.

"You were? Why didn't you or him say anything?'" He questioned me, he looked a little hurt.

"Because my love, I told Thorin to tell you before we got married because then I knew you would be ready to hear it, but obviously I am wrong" I said looking down at the floor.

"No you were right to tell me, because as we are married now, it means no secrets between us" He reassured me. "So what was the battle like from your perspective?"

"Orc filled, I was riding by myself, I was galloping through the hordes killing as many as I could, one tore me off my horse and tried to stab me in the stomach, but I thrusted my hand deep into the creatures body and wrenched out the organs which were ebony black. The creature roared and slit my throat, I began to choke and I collapsed onto the ground holding my throat, but that was when Hercules found me and licked the wound on my throat causing it to heal..." I paused as I was subconsciously rubbing the scar on my neck.

"Afterwards I leapt up and cut my way through the filth and made my way towards Thror I was instructed to protect him, I had just got close enough to attack Azog, which I then turned into my beast and I leapt at him, but with one hard swing of his shield I was thrown back into the wall, and I shook the dazed feeling off. But just as I was about to leap at him again, he had the Kings head with in his grasp, he swore he was going to wipe out the line of Thrain, by now the fighting had stopped and we all gazed at the severed head of Thror. He threw Thrors head at your uncles feet, he exchanged a glance with me and I noticed the anger build up in his eyes, and he rushed towards Azog with nothing more than an oaken branch as his shield, he defeated Azog that day he thanked all of us, including me.

But it's been so many years, your uncle had forgotten me till I reminded him only 2 nights ago" I finished.

"So you're the unknown warrior!" Kili exclaimed.

"What?" I asked.

"Well when we were younger Thorin used to tell us tales. He told us about the battle of Moria, and about the warrior who rode on a big black magnificent beast of a horse, they were clad in black armour with a white wolf pelt around their shoulders, but their helmet was of a horse, he never saw their face, but the person had turned into a pure white wolf and tried to attack Azog. That was you, you're the legend everyone talks about from us Dwarves to the Hobbits in the Shire.

But now it all makes sense, no one recognised you because it had been said you perished for a few years and so everyone thought you were dead, there's even a memorial for you in the middle of Erebor" He explained.

"Kili listen I didn't perish, I laid down my weapons and lived in human form for a few years" I told him.

"Why?" He quizzed me.

"Because I had lost my family and I knew that if I carried on then I would go on a killing spree. Just think Kili you're married to a legend" I smiled. He just smiled and planted a kiss on my lips.

"And what an honour it is" Kili replied my ears twitched, there was a Dwarf standing by the door, by his scent I was guessing it was Fili.

"What do you want Fili?" I growled and he opened the door.

"I heard the story you told Kili and just wanted to point out that we both adored you when we were younger, but we never knew it was you till now. It's an honour" He said kneeling and kissing my hand. "My lady" he added.

Then got up and left us. "You know the whole town wanted you back, they grieved for you including Dwalin, Balin, Oin, Gloin, Dori, Ori, Nori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombour and Thorin" he listed.

"Wow, I didn't think I was missed" I replied.

"Besides you struck fear into the hearts of any army you were paid to help fight in" He finished.

Please vote and comment