Chapter XXXXXI

I woke up and Kili had pulled me in close to his body and neither the hearth or Kilis body heat took the chills dancing up and down my spine away, everyone was stirring and Kili woke up kissing me on my shoulder, but I found I had no strength left in me. Kili got up and tried to turn me over to face him and I just turned over with ease as he didn't need to use his strength because i usually fight against him but not today so he immediately knew something was wrong with me, my wounded arm fell with a thud on the floor.

"Abrax, you're so pale and you're still burning up" He said feeling my forehead, I knew I was travelling down the road of unconsciousness and I knew Kili knew that because he began to shake me gently and calling my name. "What's wrong with you?" He quizzed me, but I had no strength to talk to him, and by this point he had pulled my head onto his legs so it was supported, he noticed Bilbo walking in the hall and told him to get Oin, who a few minutes later came running over and I could see his concerned look.

"Is the baby okay?" Kili asked.

So he checked it and said "everything is fine, but I don't understand what's wrong with her" Oin must've spotted something. "Kili take her coat off" So he did and then Oin peeled the shoulder of my top down to reveal the blackened infected skin underneath, I heard Kili gasp and so did Oin. I knew as soon as that gauntlet came off I was going to be in deep trouble with Kili, Fili and Thorin. Oin had rolled up my sleeve and noticed it travelling down, I felt the buckles on my gauntlet loosening and the pain flooding back. I began to squeal. "Kili hold her down" Oin ordered and he had a firm grasp on my shoulders and then he shouted for Fili as he needed his help.

The gauntlet came free and I screamed the bandages were soaked through with blood and stuck to my wound. "Abrax you stupid girl, you should've told us this is going to hurt you" Oin told me. As he pulled the bandages out of the slashes on my arms, i screamed and tried to pull my arm away but Oin had a firm grip.

"What the hell is happening?" Thorin asked as he walked in with Fili.

"Take a look at that wrist of hers" Oin told him, I couldn't get a look at it because Oin was in the way, but I felt a stinging pain in my wrist, Fili had collapsed on my other side and took my good hand in his.

"Abrax what's wrong with you, why didn't you tell us?" He quizzed me furiously. I had no idea what was going on but I felt nothing but pain and also that I couldn't move my arm as both Thorin, Kili and Oin had a firm grip on it, Oin must've been cleaning my wound as I felt cloth being dabbed into my wound, and I was trying to get up and move away.

"Thorin hold her legs down" Oin ordered him and I felt Thorin's harsh grasp on my legs.

"Kili...I am so sorry" I sobbed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked his eyes misting up.

"Because my love... i didn't want you to worry" I said resting my other hand on Kilis face before letting it drop as i passed out.

"No lad keep her awake" I heard Oin say before my hearing failed me, i was soon woken up again by Fili and Kili and the torture of the pain returned, I could see it breaking Kilis heart to see me this way.

"Abrax believe it or not but this is the worst wound you've had, that I've had to heal" Oin commented.

"You... think?" I wheezed. Filis grip on my hand had tightened and the grasp on my other arm from Oin and Kili grew worse.

"How's her fever?" Oin asked.

Fili felt my forehead. "She's really warm and sweating" He answered. Fili looked at his brother and then they both looked at me. Oin then looked at him.

"She's out of my care, Kili I am sorry but I have done what I can, but only elven cures can help her now" Oin said leaving us, but he had cleaned my wound the best he could and then wrapped it up with a bandage, Kili lifted my torso onto his and Fili stayed by our side, while Thorin rode out to find an elven healer.

"Abrax honestly what am I going to do with you?" Fili joked.

"I don't know, but I am pretty sure we have an eternity of this" Kili added.

"You mean if your uncle sends me out to kill goblins, I get injured and don't tell you" I said sighing as my breathing became shallow.

"Wait what?" Fili asked.

But it was too late to answer as I was unconscious, I wake up to a searing pain, Fili on one side and my Kili on the other. But I could hear soft words being spoken, but my arm was being tugged around, I was still laying in front of the hearth. "She's awake" Kili said, soon the pain got less and less, I soon relaxed and I was no longer tense in the arms of my lover.

"Is it working?" Fili asked.

"Yes, she's no longer tensed up or in pain" The elf healer said. "She will be fine now, but stay with her as she needs to ride her fever out, so she may go in and out of consciousness" He finished and left before I had a chance to thank him.

"Brother you go and get some rest and I'll stay with her" Fili told Kili.

"No Fili you go rest as well, I'll stay" Thorin told them resting my torso on his, Kili kissed my cheek and then left with Fili to rest.

Please vote and comment