Chapter XXXXXVIII

I paced up and down running my fingers through my hair, what do I do, I am right in the middle of a quest, but my husband is in trouble and he needs my help, I looked at Hercules and only nodded as he knew what I was thinking. So I walked back to my room and strapped my armour on, mounted Hercules and we took off to Mirkwood, my heart racing hoping they weren't harmed, but I was going to unleash the beast once I got there, but not in my wolf form but bring the wolf instincts to my human form.

My Pegasus and I raced across the land, my swords ached to taste blood and I was willing to allow them, well other than my wolf wanting revenge, all that could be heard was the hoof beats of my Pegasus and my swords clanging against each other as they were crossed over, my bow and arrows were clanging against the bottom of the blades, we finally reached Mirkwood and I dismounted Hercules. I took a very deep breath in and closed my eyes concentrating on channelling the wolf into my human form, and as soon as I opened my eyes they were as black as night, I was now seeing as the beast and it meant I was stronger, I pulled the blades from their scabbards on my back and I stormed the bridge towards the kingdom of Thranduil.

 I slit both the guards throats, their blood running down my swords blades, making them smile but revel in the blood, I kicked the doors down, I paused crouching at the top of the stairs and focused my hearing and I could hear screaming, I allowed a growl to rip through me as that was my husband but I could hear Fili calling out to him, so I carefully tip toed down the stairs slinking against the wall, Thorin had his back to me in the cell, I could tell he was crying because his shoulders were shaking , I  made my way past Fili who was too busy shouting for Kili than to notice me as he must've thought I was another elf, and I saw a guard coming towards me, so I pulled them into an alley way in the Kingdom and I took their helmet and the coat of their uniform.

I walked past Filis cell but didn't recognise me, I went down another flight of stairs, there in the middle hung my Kili by his bloodied wrists, his face filled with tears, his back cut raw and bleeding. "Take one more step and I will end you" An elf said, I threw the helmet off and then the coat.

That got Filis attention and he looked at me, I looked over my shoulder slightly and I heard Fili gasp. "Abrax no!" He exclaimed.

"She's not really here Fe" Kili croaked, that broke my heart to hear Kili speak like that, I slowly picked up the throwing knife from my shoulder and threw it into the elf's head and then I threw one at the elf torturing Kili. I kicked a stall under my husbands legs so tension was taken off his wrists, I walked around to the front of him and held his blood stained face in my leather gloved hands moving his hair from his face.

"Kili, look at me" I whispered into his ear, he opened his eyes slowly.

"You cant be here, my love is far away, far away from me, I am just hallucinating from all the torment" He told himself, it was like a knife to my heart as I heard him say that, before I could cut him loose, I was restrained from behind by two elves, I tried breaking free but my strength failed me.

"Lock her up. Nice try wolfie" Thranduil smiled, I was dragged past Filis cell and locked up next door to his, I was thrown in and I sat against the wall.

"It was a trap Abrax, they were ready for you and hoping you would come" Fili told me. "Abrax, your eyes, there is nothing human about them!" He exclaimed.

"I know, I channelled my wolf into my being" I yawned. "I think the wolf is draining my strength" I told him.

"No don't you dare fall asleep!" He yelled but before he said 'sleep' I was gone, it was almost as if though the elves had put something in my cell draining my strength from me. I woke up still in the cell and I could now hear whimpering of my poor Kili, so I reached into my hair,  and used the knife I had, my courting and marriage braid swung by the side of my eyes on either side and seeing them made me all that more desperate to get to Kili, who's whimpering cries still echoed around Mirkwood and as the blade was so thin I began to pick the lock. Once unlocked my door swung open with a squeak,  I stood in my cell and once again I channelled my wolf into my being and my eyes turning black.

"You're out!"Fili exclaimed.

"Shush, you can only cage a wolf for so long" I said handing my knife to Fili.

 as soon as I turned the corner the elves left him, and he looked worse than when I was restrained, fresh blood flooded from his back and over his shoulders, his hair was tangled with blood and it looked like he had just given up.

I suddenly paused on the steps as I heard the cries of a baby. "Bring him to Thranduil" A guard demanded, so I ran back up the steps as they cut Kilis ropes and he dropped to the floor with a groan and then was dragged to the cruel elven king, I growled and I had no choice but to follow the smell of Kilis blood filling my senses almost making me throw up.

But I made my way to the Kings throne and I hid a little way down but Thranduil said "there's no point hiding Abrax, I know you're there"

So I revealed myself but since I was in my wolfs senses I was breathing deeply and I now knew Kili knew I was here and I was real. "Abrax you shouldn't have come!" Kili told me.

"No I should have, I love you and trust me you're worth me risking my life for, you all are" I told him.

"Now Abrax you're going to have to choose between the life of your husband and your sons" Thranduil said to me. I saw an elf hold an enchanted blade to Kilis throat and  an elf bought out my poor innocent son and handed him to Thranduil himself.

Please vote and comment