Chapter XXII

My eyes became wide and my snarl ceased, my ears lowered down onto my neck, it turned into a pine. Fili, Legolas and Thorin all exchanged glances. I soon shrunk down into my human form.

'Kili, my Kili was dying!' I thought to myself.

'How could I allow the evil to posses me, how could I be so selfish and allow myself to lose the only person I guess I loved' I thought. It was all because Legolas shot me, flipped my switch and then lost control, hurting friends and the people I loved along the way.

"Abrax?" Fili asked.

"What?" I replied.

"Are you okay?" He inquired.

"Yes" I answered. I turned around, "Fili, Thorin I am sorry the beast took over" I apologised.

"I will only forgive you when my nephew heals and gets better" Thorin told me.

"We better get back" Fili told us. We were walking along, my eyes changed back to their normal colour but my hair stayed ebony black, but I liked it. "What made you change?" Fili asked.

"Legolas, he unleashed the beast, as the poison was infested with evil, it mixed with the wolf and it took over. I am so sorry about your moustache" I told him.

"It's okay, I'll just have to wait for it to grow back" he answered.

I whistled and my Pegasus came, we were near Rivendell and of course the security was tight because I had massacred whole towns and annihilated a cave full of goblins and a whole army of Orcs and Wargs by myself, but it wasn't me it was the wolf, all the Dwarves backed off as they saw me. Legolas helped Thorin to the healing springs while I was shown to Kilis room, he was laid on his bed, he was sweating, pale and his dark hair was pulled back out of his face, his breathing was shallow. Fili stood in the corner as I padded over, I could hear Kilis heart grinding to a halt, he didn't know I was here, but I bit into my wrist and fed Kili my blood giving him the gift of immortality.

"What are you doing?" His brother asked running over.

"I am giving him the gift of immortality, so he won't die and my way of an apology" I answered.

"But won't be a shapeshifter?" Fili panicked.

"No" I said.

Fili and I stayed with him, as I allowed my blood to work through Kilis body, I turned into my wolf and I laid on the end of his bed. Fili had witnessed what I did and kept begging me to give him immortality as he wanted to be with his brother, so I accepted and allowed him to drink from my wrist. It soon drained my energy and I rested my head over my paws.

A few hours later and Kili was fidgeting in he bed, he woke me from my slumber. "Abrax?" he asked. I turned into human and I looked around at Kili, he was awake but still looked so ill.

"Kili I am so sorry I lost control" I told him, my eyes beginning to tear up. He just looked at me and I moved further up the bed. "My switch was flipped" I added.

"What flipped it?" He inquired.

"After Legolas shot me, the wolf in me took over" I told him.

"I am sorry for everything I did to you, the way I treated you, your brother and Thorin" I said.

"I forgive you" he replied pulling me in for a hug, I saw Fili smiling and I smiled back at him.

"Now Kili get some sleep, but Fili and I will be here to watch over you" I told him stroking one side of his face gently. He went to sleep and I got up off the bed and stood on the balcony he had outside, Fili followed me.

"Thank you, you've saved us both. And I hear Bilbo survived the fall and only broke his ankle" Fili told me. I whistled for my Pegasus who came flying to me, I wrote a letter and I took a ribbon from my hair that was holding it in place and tied it around my Pegasus' neck with the note attached to it.

"Take it to Bilbo for me" I told Hercules who reared up and few off. It was just a letter to explain what happened and how sorry I was. "Fili stay with him I need to be alone" I said to him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To my chambers" I answered, so I made my way over and I noticed it was very bare, but that was because I took everything with me. I just closed my door and slid down it, my head in my hands and my tears dripped through the gaps of my fingers, I knew there was someone on the other side of the door as I could smell their scent.

"Abrax?" The voice asked.

"Leave me alone, I am fine" I sobbed.

"No you're not, this is all my fault. If I hadn't had tried to take advantage or shot you, you wouldn't have done what you did" He said. "Please let me in" He begged. I sat there for a few moment debating whether I should, but I gave in and opened the big wooden carved door. Legolas came in and wrapped me up in a hug, I couldn't stop myself and my tears just flowed out and he pushed my head into his shoulder gently, I was crying hysterically and his other hand was  stroking my back gently.

"I'll let you comfort me this one time, but after that Legolas you leave me alone because you may set the beast loose again" I warned him and he nodded in agreement.

"What ever you wish" He replied.

I soon stopped crying and I wandered back to Kilis room and I leant on the doors threshold watching my love sleep, I watched his chest moving up and down gently, just to think I had almost killed him.

Please vote and comment