Chapter XXXXXV

Filis wound was healing slowly, Kili was almost healed and I was just waiting for my back to heal itself as I still couldn't feel my legs.

"Abrax?" Fili croaked, I looked at him and I turned into my wolf form as it seemed I healed quicker in my wolf form but it was painful and I rested my head over my paws.

"Thorin, Kili and Fili listen to me, if I can't walk again I want either one of you to kill me with the enchanted blade, its not much of a life being carried everywhere.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that" Kili said resting his hand on my back but I couldn't feel his touch, I just pined and tears began to dribble down my cheeks. Kilis hand soon moved up to the courting braid in my mane which he played with. I soon heard sounds once again but this time it was goblins but I couldn't move.

"Guys take up arms you're about to be hit with Goblins" I told them.

"Kili, Fili stay with Abrax" Thorin ordered.

"No fight" I said as they were healed. So Kili and Fili picked me up and hid me in a cave so I was safe, and I curled up keeping myself warm, but Fili called my name and I felt my tail wag, as my feeling returned and my back was healed, I raced out and I was seeing red, I raced towards the goblin which was pointing the weapon at Filis stomach and I jumped onto it, digging my claws in, I pushed it to the ground and I tore into its stomach and chest cavity, spilling organs and blood on the floor.

It took Fili and Kili two attempts at calling my name to come back to my senses. I took a deep breath before turning back to normal, I was soon tearing goblins apart and my white coat being turned an ebony black but mainly my paws and muzzle, I saw my husband was fighting a goblin but unaware one came from behind him and about to stab him, so I raced towards him and took the goblin down, it stabbing me in the back but it was almost as if though my hyde had grown solid after my last battle.

The goblin had been mutilated beyond recognition and the battle had ended, I stood there panting and looking around at everyone and made sure they were all accounted for. I soon padded down the ledge where I walked to Kili and Fili walking in between them both and offering a shoulder for them both to lean on as they were both exhausted.

I felt Fili lean almost his full weight on me, while Kili did the same thing for the other side, they ended up making me collapse and then they both leant on my sides, I rested my tail around one and the other my head. "As much as I would like to move you all to safety, looks like we're staying the night Thorin announced.

I noticed as the hobbits ate they kept glancing over towards me. Fili was out and so was Kili as they were exhausted, so I got up gently and tried to lower the boys softly so I didn't hurt them and then I padded to the hobbits.

"What's up?" I ask walking over.

"Nothing, we were just admiring how close Fili is to you" Frodo spoke up.

"Well he is my husbands brother and we have been through a lot" I answered gazing over towards Kili and Fili. Thorin was just staring at me, so I turned back into human and walked over to him.

"What's troubling you My King?" I asked sitting next to him and pushing my hair over my shoulder.

"I heard your argument with Kili about not wanting to stay, because of your mercenary job" He said, looking at me glumly.

"Thorin, I am a shapeshifter I don't enjoy being locked up in a castle or mountain, I need to be free. Which was why the mercenary job was perfect for me" I told him.

"But Abrax I will miss you, after you were by my side all those years" He said, I could tell he was about to cry as his eyes were full of tears.

"Thorin I am going to have to make a deal with both Kili, Fili and you. I was thinking perhaps I could stay for six months at Erebor so mainly in the summer, then do my mercenary job for the 6 months in which would be winter" I said to him.

"It seems fair but wouldn't you want to be at Erebor for the winter and do your mercenary job in the summer?" He asked.

"Thorin, I know that makes more sense but in the winter, the creature believe that I would do just that return to Erebor but it just makes them an easier target" I explained.

"As soon as we get back to Erebor I will get Balin to write up the contract" He agreed and shook my hand.

I was going to return to my husband but I noticed no one was on watch and I took it upon myself to be on watch, I stood there with my sword resting on my shoulder, I leant my back against the tree and closed my eyes so I could focus my hearing in case a foe tried to attack, I leant my head down so it was almost like I was looking at the floor, my wedding braid swinging near my ear.

"Did you mean what you said to Thorin?" A voice asked, I opened my eyes and looked up at Kili, who had his hand resting on the hilt of his weapon.

"I thought you were asleep and yes" I said walking over to him and resting my hand on his shoulder in a reassuring way.

"No i woke up when you were talking to Thorin and that's good" He answered, hugging me. I gently pushed his head against my torso and kissed his head. "Shame you can't stay all year" He added.

"I know" I replied. "But just remember I love you" I finished.

Please vote and comment