Chapter X

I turned around without hesitation, Bombour tried to stop me, but I just pushed him off me and I ran back to Lake town, I had to jump into the river and swim back, I was panting halfway up the river but my ears twitched as I could hear something, I came to Bards hut and shook my coat off, then I turned back into my human form, I had to stretch as it felt strange being back in human form once again, my shoulders and knees clicked, then I ran up the stairs to Kili.

I busted through the door and I saw Kili sweating as he fought for his life, I ran to his side, and he weakly lifted a hand to my cheek and rested it gently on my cheek, I rested my hand over his softly.

"I forgot...what you...looked... like..." Kili wheezed. I just smiled and Fili, just sighed a laugh, but a tear escaped, then dribbled down my cheek, he just wiped it away. Suddenly Orcs came rushing through the door, I sprinted up and hauled out my trusty blade twisting it around in my wrist. "Fili protect Kili" I ordered running towards the Orcs in the house, slicing through their tough flesh, black blood erupting everywhere, once the ones in the house were dealt with, I ran out in to the thick of the fighting, Orcs were everywhere in the town, I saw Legolas running in the shadows of the alley way, and a red haired Elf with him.

I ran towards the Orcs swinging my blade all over the place, it hit its targets and the black blood of the Orcs satisfied my thirsty blade, I tried to stay near Kili but there were too many Orcs running towards us, they were like an army of ants.

So I had to leave and I found a pole that had been sharpened at one end and I thrust it into 3 Orcs they all cried with pain till I threw them into the lake. One grabbed me before he fell in the lake but I cut its hand off.

Orc attacked after Orc, my armour and blade was soaked in thick black blood, I saw the red haired Elf walk into the building where Kili was and I heard his screams but I couldn't get to him, as an Orc blocked my way.

It swung for me but I leant back as far as I could so the tips of the blades touched my throat, I then leapt forward forcing it back and swinging my blade expertly around trying to hit the Orc in vulnerable places, but this Orc was well trained, it blocked every single blow I threw at it.

It head-butted me I was a little disorientated, but not for long as I saw an axe coming towards my neck as if it were in slow motion, I managed to grab the beasts sword and I thrusted it into the creatures gut, it let out an ear piercing scream and black blood leaked out the wound.

Then finally it dropped down dead, soon the Orcs retreated but Legolas only chased after the remaining ones, I was about to follow when I heard Kilis screams piercing the night. So I ran back as quick as I could and I noticed the red head elf was trying to heal Kilis wound, I glanced over and she was doing a good job of it.

"Tauriel" She introduced herself and shook my hand leaving blood on it.

"Thank you" I said, I looked at Kili who was now sleeping, and I lifted him off the table and laid him down on Bards bed.

"Your heads bleeding" Fili pointed out to me.

"Ohl it must've been when the Orc head butted me" I said picking up a cloth and dabbing my head gently, then washed the blood off. I then climbed up onto the roof and saw a big black shadow flying towards us, I could see it had large wings and scales which glittered in the moonlight.

It was Smaug!

Please vote and comment