6. Overprotective pt2

Keila Pov

"Another round!" Kasei cheers as she bites down on the lime as if it's the only thing keeping her alive.

Dakota giggles. "Oh my goodness every time we go out I'm shocked as I remember what a lightweight she is."

"Yeah, I can tell." I chuckle, looking at my phone. We've been here for half an hour, and we've already eaten all our shared croisettes and racked up our drinking tab.

"This is a cool place though." She swivels around on the stool, looking around at the pool tables and dart board on the other side of the room. "I haven't been to a little bar like this before. I like it." She turns back to her drink.

"This is my stomping ground." I smile at all the memories I've created here. "I was a lousy shot before these darts taught me to aim, now I'm a better shot than my brother. I used to suck at pool, but now I rarely miss a ball." I say proudly.

"That's so sweet! We should go play pool." Kasei chimes in.

"I thought you wanted another round?" I say, amusement lacing my tone.

"Psh. I'm drunk enough for now. We have all night, but those guys just finished their game!" She grabs my hand. "Come onnnnn."

I laugh. "Alright. Prepare to be annihilated. Like I said, I'm a pro." I grin, turning back to the bar. "Dakota, you coming?"

She's giggling at something the bartender said to her, playing with a strand of dark hair. I blink, shocked.

"Is she flirting with our bartender?" I turn back to Kase.

"You're oblivious." Kasei laughs. "Those two have been flirting all night."

"She's bi?" I'm shocked, but good for her, honestly.

"Yeah."

"Well damn. Rebounding like a queen. I love that for her." I grin. "Then I won't bother her."

"Let her do her thing, I'm gonna go win a game of pool against you."

"I dare you to try your hardest." I throw my arm over her shoulders.

"You smell so freaking good, what the hell?" Kasei sniffs me loudly.

I smirk. "You're so strange, babes. But yeah this is the scent that Tyler got me for my 14th birthday I think?"

She pouts. "That's so unbelievably cute, Keils. You still wear it?"

"Obviously, you see how amazing it smells, I also spray it onto dryer sheets and line my dresser drawers so the smell diffuses better."

"My favourite high school perfume ran out years ago and I was crushed." She grabs a cue from off the wall and rubs the end with chalk.

"Man, that's a bummer. Did you check with cheaper brands to see knockoffs? Or with more expensive brands to see if the scents were similar?"

"Yeah there's a lot of similar ones, but not the exact ones." She elaborates. "I have a good perfume now, but I still think about the old one."

"Gotcha. This one is ginger piccante by Guerlain, but Chanel n°19 is really similar so that's what I use for nights out, and after my morning showers I put on the corresponding lotion from bath and body works, so it layers nicely."

"Wow you've got a whole routine."

"I do indeed. Just because I live with men, I work with men and I bike with men doesn't mean I have to smell." I chuckle. I understand where the stereotype comes from, but I'm a multifaceted gal. I can ride for 4 hours then throw on a dress, spritz myself and party for the rest of the night, no big deal.