21. Sunshine

My phone pings as I'm heading back down the hall.

Kaseibabeii👯‍♀️: hey cutie sry I had to quick head home so I took Audianna 😬 ily but I'm sure Blade can give you a ride or if not I'll be back in 2 hours

"Alright." I sigh to myself. I love this girl but sometimes I think it'd be more convenient to have my own transportation.

Me: no problem ilyt

"Oh my gosh, look who it is."

I look up from my phone to see a very smug looking Keila exiting her office. "Oh hey babe."

"Don't 'hey babe' me." She narrows her eyes. "Just gimme the deets! Did you stay overnight?!"

"No!" I rush to say, before clearing my throat. "No, um...I came over to talk yesterday but we got interrupted as we were about to grab a bite to eat, so I came over today instead..." I chew on my inner cheek. That's not all we did.

"Hmm." She hums.

"We're just friends, Keils."

She hums again. "Well whatever you are, I love being right, so. Whatcha up to now?"

I wave my phone. "I was gonna head home, but Kase needed the car, so.."

"Oh, okay well I'm headed home too, I was just about to check on our design team first, but if you're willing to wait around, you can come back with me."

"Sure, as long as I'm not intruding." I chuckle.

"Oh, not even." Keila blows out air. "It's just this bi-weekly check in to go over numbers and shit and make sure everything is running smoothly, that's all." She shrugs and starts heading up the hall.

I follow her. "So you guys have a whole area for the designers? That's pretty cool."

"Yeah, they draw and paint and everything all in the same area."

"I love that. Hey do you smell-"

"Weed?" She cuts me off. "Yeah this room is constantly hotboxed so the smell never really leaves."

I laugh. "You and JT are okay with that?"

Keila gives me a confused look. "Well, yeah? It's artist shit, who are we to stop creativity if they're getting work done?"

I laugh again. "Fair enough."

"We're here, by the way." She knocks on the door.

"Come in!" A voice calls out.

"Hey!" She yells as she walks in. "It's LF just checkin' in!"

"Oh my goodness." I gasp as I follow. "It's almost like a mini art studio in here. You have all these supplies and everything." I look around the room at the desks scattered around the rooms and walls full of pinned drawings. They even have a whole wall of art supplies. Sketchbooks, charcoals, pencils and brushes are all organized neatly on the closest wall.

"Yeah, it's exactly like an art studio and some of this shit is expensive, so don't break anything." Keila teases.

"I'm not gonna break anything, I'll just look, I promise." I snort, eyes on the art supplies.

"Okay good. I should be back quickly, so just stay here."

Gemini POV

Keila laughs and gestures to the tall girl beside her before stepping into the paint section to find Ink, presumably.

She says something with a nod at Keila, but her eyes are fixed on the supply wall. The look on her face says she's impressed with the organization that took me hours one Saturday. I understand her surprise, artists are notorious for being messy and having crap everywhere, and if I left it up to the boys, there would be. She checks a message on her phone, before tucking it into her pocket and reaching up to fix the crooked charcoal container. She pulls away quickly, frown on her face telling me that the pot was previously touched with dirty hands, but she just swipes her fingers across her pants without a care.