7. First Impressions

"Here, I'll take that off your hands." I grab the towering stack of plates from off a table, before I continue on my way.

I hum to myself as I continue in the direction of the kitchen, when suddenly I bump into somebody.

"SHIT!" I gasp as I try to save the dishes, unsuccessfully as they all crash to the floor. A knife hits my foot and I hiss in pain, taking a deep breath before I look around to everyone who is watching me as I stand amidst the broken dishes.

"Okay!" I call out. "Nobody gets up until this is cleaned. And you!" I turn to the guy that crashed into me. "Watch it!"

The guy that crashed into me stops in his tracks. "Me? Maybe you could notice that there's someone walking here!"

"What? YOU crashed into ME!" I sputter angrily.

He looks me up and down slowly.

I let out an angry huff at him and quickly do the same, noticing how frustratingly attractive he is. He's tall and muscular, wearing jeans and a tight black long-sleeved shirt rolled up to his elbows, accentuating his tattooed forearms.

"Well still, it's not that difficult to say 'excuse me.' Gosh." I snap out of my trance and glare up at him.

He takes a step closer to me, his dark blue grey eyes penetrating mine. I take a deep breath in, his cologne hitting my nostrils as I glare challengingly up at him. I'm not used to being looked down on, and suddenly I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable. He doesn't break eye contact, until I blink down, looking at the mess around me. Okay, fuck. I lost that one.

"Well can you at least go get someone to help me clean this up?" I huff at his smirk.

"Do I LOOK like I work here?" He sneers. "I have things to do, if you'll excuse me."

"What? No. Wait- I..." He saunters away from me and I gape as he leaves. What is wrong with some people?

Kasei rushes over as I'm stepping over the large dishes, with a broom in hand. "What happened, Kota?"

"I'm not sure. Some dumbass just shoved into me and walked away." I huff, trying to get his gorgeous face out of my mind. Some first impression.

"What? Did he say anything? Give you an apology or a name? A number?" She winks.

"No, Kasei." I snicker. "I'm not in desperate need of a boyfriend...Why are you thinking of this when I'm surrounded by broken stuff?"

She shrugs, wearing a cute smile. "After last night I just want you to be happy, I'm looking out for my best girl."

"Ugh." I roll my eyes. "I think he may be friends with the Hawks." I add.

"Oh...Not boyfriend material then..." She laughs.

"Says you." I point out.

"Okay, yeah I see your point but there's like, four guys that are single, within your age and that are good enough for you to have a thing with. One of them has a twin, one of them belongs to Keila and one of them has a kid." She laughs.

"And WHY would I wanna get with a guy who has a kid, Kasei?" I snort.

"Hey!" She says defensively. "From what I can tell, he's a great dad. And also Jake says he's a really good person. But that's beside the point. Don't go for any bikers." Kasey concludes.

"Yeah, thanks for the multiple warnings within 24 hours." I snort. "I got it."

"Anyway, what makes you say he's a hawk?" She frowns and crouches down by my feet, carefully scooping up the larger pieces of broken plates.