11. Mixed Signals

Holy moly guys, I'm sorry it's been so long. I completely thought I published chapter 10 back in the beginning of May until 2 seconds ago I saw it was still a draft?! SORRY SORRY SORRY 

at least you get 2 chapters at once? 

SORRY DON'T HATE ME PLEASE I'VE BEEN BUSY

________________________________________________________

"Okay, and here you are." I place the last plate in front of the customer and turn back to the kitchen.

Before I can make it, though, I spot a familiar redhead tapping her fingernails against the host stand. "Dammit." I mutter to myself, already anticipating the interrogation I'm about to receive. "Kase. Whatcha doing here on your day off?"

She grins. "Table for one, please."

I blow out a breath. "Do you need a menu?"

"Please."

"Follow me." 

"I'm Dakota, I'll be your waitress for the next..." I check my watch. "12 minutes, can I get you started with anything to drink?"

She hums, looking at the menu. "What do you recommend?"

I try to cover my chuckle. "We have Bud Light on tap, and for cocktails I'd go with the dirty sandbar. It's like our version of sex on the beach."

Kasei grins. "And in terms of coolers?"

"We carry a large variety, Mikes, Twisted Tea, Whiteclaw, it'll be right there on the bottom of the menu." I point, for emphasis.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll have a Pepsi." She laughs.

"Of course you will." At least she's funny. "It'll be just a moment."

"What's she doing here on her day off?" Keila says to me as I reach the bar.

"Pmph. Beats me." I snort.

"I dunno, maybe she's curious about the Blade situation?" Keila grins.

"Damn it. Does everybody know about that?" I whine.

"Well I'm sure not everybody." She puts emphasis on the word, as if it'll make me feel better. "I just think the majority of the gang knows, yes."

"It's been two hours!?" I huff.

"And? If you think for a second that grown ass men don't gossip, I don't know what to tell you. You're wrong." She shrugs. "Sooo what's happening and why didn't you tell me?"

"Nothing is really happening." I busy myself with a stack of napkins. "It's just dinner to apologize for fucking up my foot. He just wants to get on my good side, I guess."

Keila studies me. "Mmkay, but why?"

I frown. "I don't know."

"And why did you say yes?"

"I...I don't know." I repeat. I can't very well say: 'he cornered me against a wall and I was horny and flustered he's so freaking attractive I couldn't think straight so I agreed but it's not like I want anything from it or maybe I do, I don't know' can I?

"Okay, because me and Kasei already warned you away from dating bikers, so."

"It's not a date." I bite my inner cheek and look down again. "And also you two are kind of hypocrites when you're both perfectly happy right now." I look up at her. "Well, at least she is. You will be when you tell Tyler how you feel."

"I already said, I'm not going to do that and I don't feel anything, I think..." She drifts off. "Whatever our point was that they're insanely overprotective and trust me Blade's one of the most intense guys I know. He would actually kill again if anyone messed with J-" She cuts herself off, looking back at the tap she was wiping.