28. Interruptions

this one corresponds to chapter 57 of MKOP, in case you wanted to read that first, if not: enjoy! 

---

I frown at the scene in front of me. JT has once again interrupted our girls' night, and is currently whispering some sappy shit to my best friend. "Man, if someone told me you were the leader of a biker gang I would not believe them."

He huffs, standing back up. "Well, who has weekly wine and gossip nights? Like 45 year olds."

I put my glass down in front of me. "It's a tradition and wine is good, cripple." A constant that me and Kasei have had for years was passed down to me by my mother. As soon as my life started getting interesting, Kasei, my mom and I would all sit around our dining room table and gossip about boys, school...it started in grade 10 or 11 and as time went on it just became me and Kasei meeting up once a week to catch up on life. She's always been busy, dance took up most of her free time back in Highschool, and as soon as she got that restaurant job, we realized our friendship needed to be a priority.

Kasei's laugh brings me out of my fond memories. "Jake, go finish your show and when we're done talking I'll find you."

"Or you could come now and I'll let you come...now." He murmurs low, leaning down to her again.

Her cheeks turn bright red and I roll my eyes, picking up my phone as they talk as if I'm not in the room.

"She's not going to choose dick over a lifelong friendship." I roll my eyes, attempting to shoo him away. 

He walks towards her, and kisses her deeply. I frown at the scene in front of me. Yeah, clean up on aisle 2 we have a woman down.

She moans and pushes him away a second later. "Give it an hour. Dakota will be wine sleepy and then I'll come."

"Hey!" I voice my objection.

"You have 30 minutes. Then you'll come indeed." JT winks, and strolls out of here casually, as if the innuendo has completely changed her mind and she'll jump up to follow.

Kasei crosses and uncrosses her legs and takes a gulp of wine. I know the amusement is written all over my face, because she smiles at me, guilty. "He has a really great dick, and it's been like a month. Look at me with those judgy eyes all you want but you know you can't blame me."

"Mhm." I snort. I really can't, though. I think that if roles were reversed and Blade was here, whispering all the dirty things I'd wanna hop on too. "I kinda miss Blade." The wine makes my thoughts known.

She grins. "I knew it. You should tell him that you like him."

"I meant to say I miss his dick. I don't miss him in a sappy way." i'm in denial.

"Right, sure." Kasei giggles.

"Anyway, what were we talking about?"

"Mmm." She frowns, taking another sip from her glass. "Oh. Rosa, I think."

"Oh yeah! So when's she going to start?"

"As soon as possible. We're gonna set up a little space on our dining room table for her to have an office area so she can store all the contracts and stuff."

"Okay." I shrug. "That's fine with me."

"We'll need to use your printer more, though."

I crinkle my nose, thinking about where it is, and the mess surrounding it. "Yeah you're not going to bring that downstairs. Just tell me when you want stuff printed, okay? Oh, and I emailed you the new copy of your interest flier. I didn't like the font on the last one."