27. Joanie's Girls

"So wait." She squints her eyes as I speak. "So they just make you bring all your own supplies?"

"No." I laugh. "There's like a class fee so they have supplies, but I'm saying that my personal ones are just way better and I would rather use them."

"Ohhh, okay gotcha. Yeah sorry, I was confused." Erin stacks more into the bin and I spray the restaurant table and give it a quick wipe.

"It's been really fun though, but next door there's a pottery class and holy." I fan myself dramatically. "That prof is fine as hell."

"Oooh guess who needs to learn to make a mug!" She jokes.

"You're past the admission date." I snort.

"Oh well..." She pouts jokingly. "I'm glad it's been working out for you, at least. I know they're always doing random but fun classes out of that center. One year my mom did a mosaic learning course and the woman dragged me all over thrift stores to find colorful glass for those creations for months."

"Sounds fun, though."

She shrugs, tucking a blond hair behind her ear as she plops the bucket at the sink.

"It's not even busy?" Jacque whines. "How did you get so many plates for one table?"

My eyes roll. "Kasei kept giving them separate plates for their fries and then for the salads...it was a whole thing."

"Ugh."

"Sorry! Blame Kase, not me." I laugh, following Erin back to the host stand.

Kasei pops around the corner. "I heard my name."

"Oh y'know Jacque just complaining again." I laugh.

"Well he's gonna be real grumpy when we leave."

"Mom's doing reduced hours." Erin says. "So that he doesn't lose it, but I'm actually surprised we could even grant y'alls request, you've been here like a month."

"Almost 3, actually." I snort.

"Oh sor-ry." She drags out with a laugh.

"I'm so excited about it though." Kasei bounces a little on the spot.

"About Chicago? Yeah, hopefully it'll be fun!"

"Oh, it will! Do you know where you're staying yet?"

I furrow my brow. "What do you mean?"

"Well we're gonna be staying in a hotel with everyone but I was just wondering since I'm obviously sharing a room with Jake."

"Oh, gotcha...yeah I don't know actually."

"You should probably talk to Keila. She'll know more about it then me. I've asked Jake but he gets tired of my questions sometimes." She giggles.

"Yeah I doubt that. I've seen how that man acts with you. He's literally obsessed." I snort.

Kasei's cheeks turn pink as she looks down, fiddling with her nails. "Well anyway." She looks back up quickly as an idea hits her. "Maybe you should stay with Blade!"

I snort a laugh, brushing the unholy images of that out of my mind. "I don't think that's going to happen. He didn't even tell me he was leaving to go on that bike auction thing until literally this morning." Pretend you aren't bothered by that.

"Well maybe he's just scared of moving too fast and scaring you off." She shrugs. "I know he's into you."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, I don't know but I don't really care. We've only done stuff a couple times, he's good at what he does but I'm not one to catch feelings because of someone's dick."