18. Not That I Care

"So he's ignoring you?" Erin drops the cutlery into the bucket with a clatter and looks at me.

"Ugh." I huff. "I don't know that, it's just..." I trail off.

She nods with a chuckle. "Okay but it's been almost a week and he hasn't responded to any of the texts you've sent."

"Well. Yeah." I head towards the bar and set down my bucket.

"How many did you send?"

"One that day apologizing then one the next day and then just my snap streaks. Which he lost, by the way."

She sucks in air through her teeth. "Alright, I think-"

"Don't be a stage 5 clinger, you're too hot for that." Keila interrupts, popping up behind us.

I chuckle, slightly startled by her. "Yeah okay I appreciate that, but I'm not being a clinger, guys. I don't care, I was just saying that I'm annoyed that he won't text me back."

Erin grins. "Sounds like you care."

"Yeah, it sounds like you're being a clinger to me." Keila laughs in agreement. "And who is this dude?"

I look away from her, remembering how she felt about this the first time. "It doesn't matter who it is." I roll my eyes.

Erin frowns at me. "Is she not allowed to know?"

"Ok, she knows but there's nothing to know."

"Is this Blade that you're being clinger with?" Keila sighs. "Yeah I told you that would happen. I said don't get involved with any Hawks, that you guys shouldn't be anything, but did you listen to me? No. You did not." She answers her own question.

"Okay we are not anything though we're just friends. I'm not being a clinger either, we just haven't talked in a few days and I'm wondering if I upset him." I deny her accusation.

She squints at me. "What did you do to upset him?"

"Nothing!" I blurt. "I didn't do anything."

"Yet you think he's upset, so why is that?"

"I'm not talking to you about this anymore." I pick up the bucket again, and head into the kitchen.

"Okay! Run away from your problems, then!" Erin calls after me.

"What did you do to the guy?" Riley crosses his arms as I dump the dish bucket at his station and grab a new one.

"Are you listening to our conversation?" I frown and grab the now empty bucket.

"You girls talk loud, also I don't have anything better to do."

"Whatever." I chuckle.

"Who's the guy?"

"Nobody, it's not a big deal, we aren't a thing." I sigh.

"Okay, sorry but you seem in denial." He laughs.

"He's right." Erin pops her head around the corner.

"I'm not in denial. I'm not being a clinger, and I don't care that he texts me. I was just slightly concerned if he's alive." I shake my head. "I'm leaving. Mind your own business guys."

"If that's what you want to know, I saw him this morning. He's fine, he just doesn't want to talk to you clearly." Keils pops open a bottle of beer and takes a swig. "Are you going to tell me what you did?"

"I didn't do anything. We just..." I sigh. "Are you drinking on the job?"

"Yeah, I was thirsty. You were saying?"