Chapter 19: change, Conclusion

Kai felt lightheaded as soon as he opened his eyes and got up quickly.

To avoid collapsing from the lightheadedness, he reached for the door with his left arm.

Kai noticed the bandages wrapped around his arm and a painful memory flashed through his mind, and he collapsed to the ground, gasping for air.

Kai tried, but failed to control his breathing. Vin rushed to his room shirtless after noticing Kai's fall. He appeared to be working out nearby while also monitoring Kai.

"What's wrong, Kai?"

Vin started carefully shaking Kai, and Kai snapped out of it and regained control of his breathing.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah. I am OK."

"Would you care to explain why you were on the floor and appeared as if you had seen death?"

"My head started spinning, and I lost my balance."

"Try to relax. You've been asleep for a long time."

"With all this darkness outside, it's hard to tell. Vin, what is this place?"

"Hahaha. Don't tell me you fear a little darkness, big boy."

"I'm not scared of the dark."

Vin walked to the wardrobe in Kai's room and selected an outfit for himself and Kai.

"Kai, what do you like to wear?"

"I'm not sure. Fighting clothes that feel comfortable."

"This tracksuit should be perfect for you."

Vin gave Kai a green tracksuit, while he wore his usual outfit of a shirt with sleeves rolled up, black pants, and black chelsea boots.

Kai hadn't been paying attention before, but now that he was, he spotted Vin's scars.

"I was just curious where all of your scars came from."

"These old scars are from a battle with some four-armed beast."

"Aghh?"

"Do such creatures truly exist?"

"Hahaha. You should see your expression. It's priceless."

When Kai's excitement got the best of him, he looked like an idiot, but aside from the scars, Kai also noticed that Vin had a few noticeable tattoos on his body.

He was very short compared to Kai, although Vin was the older of the two. He had a powerful physique, a sharp nose, an oval face, and cauliflower ears.

His right fingers has the letters EXIST tattooed starting at the thumb, while his left hand has an EKG line tattooed.

He has a tattoo written in ancient, runic language on the right side of his abdomen. On both forearms and around both calves, he has a thick black circle tattooed.

Vin and Kai changed, and Vin returned to the wardrobe to pick up two backpacks.

"Can you tell me what these backpacks are for?"

Vin immediately became serious and walked slowly towards Kai.

"What's wrong Vin?"

"Shhhh."

Vin grabbed a device from his backpack and entered some code.

He then scanned Kai's band.

The band watch froze up and eventually shut down.