Chapter 17: Change, part 2

"Welcome participants. My name is Thomas and I am the leader of the V clan."

Compared to the other clan leaders, the V clan leader appeared to be quite young, dressed in a navy blue suit with his golden yellow hair brushed back in an undercut hairstyle.

His eyes were a deep green color, and he had a distinct jaw line.

"My name is Arthur, and I am the leader of the lightning clan. It's great to meet all of you who have proven your worth in the early stages of this year's test."

Arthur had a magnificent physique for his age. His gray hair was pulled back into a bun, and he sported a full white beard on his chin.

His armor was black and included multiple metal plates that formed defensive guards over his chest, waist, shoulders, and thighs.

A blue long-sleeved shirt with a knee-length mantle, pants, and combat boots was worn beneath the armor. Arthur wore a gray wolf robe over his armor.

"My name is Pika, and I am the leader of the water clan. Please Have a seat."

Pika was the tallest among the clan leaders, with a long stubble beard and short black hair. He was dressed in a light gray shirt with sleeves rolled up, dark pants, and sandals.

A long coat with the Waena Island map drawn on the back was resting over his shoulders.

Participants immediately noticed how different the structure was compared to the stage 1 method of constructing an indoor meeting room as they walked inside.

The room had such a semi-circular construction, and the seats were connected in a long row, starting at the bottom of the room and continuing rising upward.

There was a wide table in front of the seats where the clan leaders' sets were placed, and behind them was a very large black screen.

The participants sat in the front rows with their teams, and the clan leaders soon followed.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

When Thomas double-clicked his band watch, the door to the meeting room closed and became soundproof.

The table where the clan leaders were seated lit up, and Thomas typed something on the table's surface.

After typing, the black screen behind them illuminated, allowing the participants to see a picture of themselves as well as information on the screen.

"You are now looking at the finalists of this year's test."

"Four teams representing the lightning clan are among the finalists, which puts a smile on my face."

"The same could be said about me, given that three of the teams are from the water clan."

"And then we have a fascinating team from stage 1, which comprises of the fire clan leader's grandson, Zeru, and the magma clan leader's younger sister, May."

When Zeru found out who May was related to, he turned his head towards her in surprise, and she turned her head towards Zeru in shock, about to cry.

"Hey..... Where is Kai, and why is his picture painted in red?"

"Unfortunately, participant Kai is no longer with us because of the accident that occurred on the way here to Waena Island."

"NO. It can't be. Tell me this is not true."

Everyone's attention was drawn to May when she screamed.

Zeru blocked Rose's arm and pushed May towards his body just as she was about to reach for May.