Chapter 42: Irregular, part 7

The death of the Fire Clan was shocking, but even more shocking was the people's reaction after their leader was murdered in cold blood right in front of them.

It felt like a weight had been lifted off their shoulders, and they were happy, shouting and praising their new leaders.

The inner circle gave their first order: capturing all those loyal to the former clan leader and imprisoning them.

They also promised to build small warehouses around the city to store necessary resources.

All the civilians of Von City would contribute a small amount of their own resources to these warehouses so that everyone in need could receive help and no one would be left out.

In the meantime, the inner circle would do everything in their power to find a better solution.

The death of the Fire Clan leader spread like wildfire, headlining every newspaper and TV channel, and becoming the main topic of conversation for days.

Although the royal family controls all the news and broadcasts what they want, this news was so significant that they could not hide it well or in time, which made them very concerned.

The death of the Fire Clan leader was an incident that would completely change the world map, and now everyone is wondering what will happen to their territory.

***

High above the white clouds lies Pall City, a place of stunning beauty and wonder, home to the Wind Clan and the royal family.

Pall city is suspended in the sky by the remaining power of the Mother of All Crystals, which she left behind when she was alive.

Her remaining power is stored in power holder cubes placed around the city, all linked to a much larger power holder cube in the palace.

This city is very special, where only those from the Wind Clan can live as citizens.

No matter how rich or powerful you are, residency is granted only if the king allows it for a specific purpose. Even then, the city's residents often look down on outsiders.

Pall City is the most advanced and beautiful place in the world, surrounded by tall mountains, rivers, and waterfalls.Its design blends lush greenery with intricate buildings, creating a dreamlike scene.

The city is a single large floating island, adorned with forests and buildings interconnected by pathways and bridges.

On clear days, the city can be seen from the islands on stage 2, glowing like a celestial star above the clouds. On cloudy days, only the rocks supporting the city are visible, piercing through the mist.

Even with all its beauty and technology, Pall City embodies significant contrasts.

It symbolizes ultimate prestige and power, yet also reflects the isolation of a society accessible only to the privileged Wind Clan.

Revered and feared worldwide, the Wind Clan enjoys unmatched freedom, while others look up with admiration and envy at the city in the sky.

***

The news of the Fire Clan leader's death spread quickly throughout Pall City, becoming the main topic of discussion.

King Prime the Seventh, who was in the palace at the city's center, showed his unease.

He sat at a round table with his daughter, son, and other members of the royal family, discussing the situation.

Erica could see from her father's expression that he was displeased and tried to talk to him.