Chapter 30: The Maze Of Truth, part 9

Void approached Zeru, who was lifeless on the ground, and picked him up, standing there soundlessly for a while before Zeru spoke in a croaky voice.

"Who are you?"

Zeru tried everything he could to break free from Void's grip, but he couldn't because of his condition, which worsened the more he moved around.

Void repeatedly slammed Zeru to the ground, and Zeru began to spit out some serious blood.

"Where is it?"

Zeru attempted to communicate with Void, but didn't understand what he wanted.

"What do you want from me?"

Zeru was released by Void and then collapsed to the ground.

"I won't ask again. WHERE IS THE WEAPON?"

'What is his purpose with Inferno?'

"As you can see, I don't have it right now."

"Where can I find it?"

Zeru gathered all his strength and gave Void a confident look while looking dead in his eyes.

"That weapon is not yours. It is the property of the world's most powerful clan."

After Zeru said that, there was a brief silence before Void went insane and his face behind the masked went lifeless and his entire eyes turned white as he fell to the ground.

He put his hands on his mask as he was screaming;

"NO."

"NO."

"NO."

"IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE WHY ARE THEY....."

"AGHHHH."

"IT HURTS SO MUCH."

Void repeatedly punched the ground while yelling in pain, and his fists began to bleed.

'This is my chance to escape from this lunatic before he kills me.'

Zeru was able to stand up by using the nearest wall as support. He then drifted away from Void.

***

"Taro, come in."

"What is it, Agent 5?"

"The leader has a problem,"

"What's up, Agent 5? Describe everything you see."

"He found his target and began to beat him, and everything was going his way, until Void panicked and punch the floor, allowing his target to flee."

'I have a feeling something bad will happen if I don't get to him in time.'

"Agent 5. How many floors are there between me and Void?"

"He's three floors below you to your right, and the target is in the hallway just outside the room."

'Agh, I thought I was closer than that. Three floors is too many, and there's no telling where I'll end up if the maze rotates again.'

"Agent 5, can you create a path between me and Void?"

"Leave it to me."

Agent 5 emerged from her hiding place, removed a bullet from her left thigh strap, and prepared to fire.

An enormous explosion occurred once more shortly after she opened her scope and fired her bullet, which vanished in midair. This time, it created a path for Taro to reach Void.

"Nice shoot Agent 5."

"Taro, Kai, and his companion just made it to the top. What do you want me to do with them?"

'Already?'

Just keep an eye on them for the time being, and report anything out of the ordinary right away.

"One more thing, Taro."

"What is it?"

"Hurry, the king and the clan leaders are planning something."

"Got it."

Taro dove beneath the ground and landed directly in front of Void, and made attempts to calm him down, but it was extremely challenging.

Together, Draven and Archer slaughtered so many royal guards that the green river beneath the hovering maze turned a vivid red color as they stood outside, fending off guards who attempted to enter.

Agent 5 took off her mask, allowing her long, golden side-swept hair to fall loose. She had brighter eyes than usual because of how the sunlight reflected off of her green eyes.

Agent 5 was in her early 20s, very athletic, and in peak human condition. Because of her special upbringing as a child, she is very short for her age.

She is the kind of person who is not the first to approach but gets along well with everyone. She never backs down from a fight for what is right and prefers to take action rather than argue.

Agent 5 always has a big heart and a big smile. She doesn't always trust people, but once she does, she cherishes that relationship.

She enjoys reading various types of stories, all from fantasy, history, and romance, and going for walks outside when she has the chance.

She enjoys experimenting with various outfits, but when she's on a mission, her go-to outfits are a pair of slim, tight black jeans, a pair of black soldier boots, a green henley shirt, a thigh strap that holds her ammunition, and a back belt strap for the heavy sniper rifle she usually carries.

***

Agent 5 slung her sniper rifle over her shoulder and walked away from the position from which she was shooting, to a different location where she could be closer to the others.

She was at the top of the statue, which was just outside the test area. She shot all the way from there and it made it all the way to the maze.

This was obviously an impossible task, especially if you were using a standard sniper rifle, but Agent 5 was carrying the legendary weapon Echo.

The V clan created Echo with the intention of competing with the other legendary weapons, and it worked. This weapon got its name because the last thing you'll hear is the bullet piercing its target and nothing can stop it.

The bullets that can be used with Echo are made from power holder cubes, and each bullet contains a different element.

But what makes this weapon more dangerous is Agent 5's unique ability, which has made her one of the most wanted and dangerous assassins in the world.

Agent 5 is the second most well-known assassin after the cry laughing ghost and a highly qualified assassin.

As soon as she descended from the statues outside the maze, the royal guards surrounded her.

"Don't let her escape."

I don't want to hurt you guys. Before things worsen, kindly flee from this place.

"You are outnumbered, and the king will soon have your heads on the wall."

"Agh... I warned you guys."

Three of the guards charged at her, and she knocked them out with one hand without hurting them.

The rest of the guards ran towards her, and she knocked them all down with ease.

When she was done, she felt the sweat and dirt on her hair and clothes.

'Agh, that's why I hate fighting.'

She then moved to her strike position to await Taro's orders.